Snap on mig

Does anybody here have a snap on ya240a mig welder ?..i have one i loaned out and got it back not working from the guy working on it....he has the speed and heat pots unwired and has no clue how to wire it back....i need somebody.thats willing to look at theirs and give me the wiring sequence on both..i have not been able to locate a wiring diagram on it (edited)

Re: Snap on mig

Google may have it...? Or call a Snap-on dealership/outlet, sure the manual exists somewhere.

That sure is a good thought stephen but i have tried google several ways...snap on didn't make them ...they were made for snap on by century and a few more over time....i have sent emails but not got any returns for help on it..i have stayed on hold for close to an hour on one call that ended up being tranfered and finally disconnected ..the schematic might be out there but i have not found it..i just thought by some possibilty somebody on here might have one and solve the problem (edited)

Systematics Inc.

1025-T Saunders Lane, P.O. Box 2429

West Chester, PA 19380 0125

USA

Tel: 610-696-9040

Toll free: 800-222-9353

Have email in to them but no response in over a week ....finally gave up on "your call is important" so please hold for the next operator..i do appreciate the info though and might finally get some info from them but hasn't happened yet...this is a mig that was part of the equipment in a muffler shop i bought out in the mid 90's ...i figure it to be made roughly 92 maybe 93 ...

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1027656/Snap-On-Ya212a.html#manual

I realize this is for a slightly different model but it may help. 🤷‍♂️

Didn"t find anything there Mike but i sure appreciate the effort to help..

I have found the plug and play potentiometers that are already wired and just plug in but they want $89 cheapest i've found....i really hate to do that when the potentiometers are less than 5 bucks each and i have the wire harness already and just need to know how to wire them in plus the ones i have may not be bad ...i have a newer lincoln i use and just keep this one around for a spare or a loaner so i hate to spend any more than i have to.

I think that should have a lifetime warranty no?

Hand tools do have a lifetime warranty with snap on but not welders and such.

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I have found the plug and play potentiometers that are already wired and

> just plug in but they want $89 cheapest i've found....i really hate to

> do that when the potentiometers are less than 5 bucks each and i have

> the wire harness already and just need to know how to wire them in plus

> the ones i have may not be bad ...i have a newer lincoln i use and just

> keep this one around for a spare or a loaner so i hate to spend any more

> than i have to.

If the person it was loaned to fucked it up ask him to pay the $89. Or split it between the two of you.

Just one of those things...he thought it wasn't working right and thought he could fix it but made a mess really...nothing was wrong with it and i thought he was familiar with using a mig but wasn't ..he just didn't know how to set heat and wire feed...he's a good guy but just his bulb doesn't shine too bright at times...i'll.get it fixed sooner or later or maybe not,,it's no biggy (edited)

Find a non working one for parts.

Most are probably melted down and living another life now....i did see a used one on ebay but don't think i'll stretch the 700 they want for it

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account