Re: 1986 Elite 250 Adventures

punkrock randy /

Turned out very nice 👏🏼. My factory one is cloudy, but a good height for short me. I’m thinking about buffing the shit outta it, not sure how much it might help. Wouldn’t hurt tho💁🏼‍♂️

^Maybe try that stuff for clearing car headlights on it? Wipe New? Worked wonders on the car I used it on...

punkrock randy /

Yeah, I always use those 3M headlight restoration kits on crummy ass plastic headlights. Keeps em alright for a year or two. Headlights should be glass only, unbelievable that shit plastic is allowed.

Agreed, they ARE glass on my Tercel! :)

punkrock randy /

Lol, my buddy just retrieved a Tercel from Washington state, unbelievably solid. I HATE states that douse the roads with salt! Sold him my GTI wheels for cheap:-) 👍🏼

10547DE2-5845-4CD3-AA04-90E323326DD1.jpeg

^ Oh HELL yes! :) Much love for that car! I almost bought one like it, was 4wd, but I passed as it was an automatic... :/

Moped rider & CH250 abUSER \m/ Rad :) Honest²

These Elite 250's are SPENDY in MN, nice one on my CL, but are asking $1,800! Yikes! I mean it's worth it, you would have it the rest of your life, but we have such a short riding season here, especially for wimps like me! Will prob hold out for a Helix at that price-point, but if I see one cheap will snatch it up.

punkrock randy /

One in Monticello is clean, $1,500🤘🏼Still not dirt cheap, but gosh they’re great 😙

I thought that was the $1,800 one...maybe they came down a bit...will have to look again, have a line on a super cool electric bike, go to mpls cl and the bike section, search "electric bike" check out the MN Wild themed one, sounds really cool, no special license, ins etc...If I can get him to come down a bit I might just grab that, but I think his price is fair if it's as advertised....also have a line on a rust free Previa that needs a head gasket, so many cool toys, hard to choose, too bad I'm not richer, but new stuff comes up for sale every day.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I paid $350 for mine about 19 years ago and sold it for $1500 a couple of years ago. Only did basic maintenance and replaced the tires and battery on it.

punkrock randy /

I feel like I scored at $450. Of course it needed a full going over but that’s to be expected. Just needed a battery really, but it deserved everything else👌🏼

47C7C661-0B28-4D82-96CE-198A1CC734A4.jpeg

^^ Hell of a deal, how did the '80's scooter compare quality wise with the newer one you have now? (edited)

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I feel like I scored at $450. Of course it needed a full going over but

> that’s to be expected. Just needed a battery really, but it deserved

> everything else👌🏼

You TOTALLY scored at that price! Jealous! ( in the best possible, happy for you way!) :)

punkrock randy /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> ^^ Hell of a deal, how did the '80's scooter compare quality wise with

> the newer one you have now?

Actually only the Spree is newer by 1 year as an ‘86. And the Spree is lame in that it’s a single speed. I really need to fix and sell that thing.

Was talking to 'Lar, hence the ^^ but no issue, he has newer scooters, but man I love the '80's Honda's and Yamaha's. If I can get my Hyosung reliable I would not need another bike, but was too hot this weekend...99 degrees today! That thing is a '99 and a 2 stroke, 50cc screamer! 40-43 with my fat ass on it, great brakes and super comfy seat. But has issues, have a new electric choke a new battery and a new vac petcock to install, hopefully that will see her right, really interested in the Previa, but the labor for the head gasket job is staggering, engine has to come out, I don't have a lift...but it IS rust free, and would own it forever, no winter driving. You will also note the cup holder on the Hyosung... ;) Oddball Korean thing, it also seems they make ATM's, saw the name on the one at the DMV I use. (edited)

007.jpg

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

The quality of my ‘85 Honda 250 was on par with my newer Genuine Buddies. Now, when I compare it to my Vespa 200, there is a noticeable difference in ride stability. The Vespa is like a Caddy and the elite 250 was like a Chevy. But you gotta love the digital dash on the Honda.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> ^^ Hell of a deal, how did the '80's scooter compare quality wise with

> the newer one you have now?

Good to know, thanks, Vespa's are high buck, but like everything you get what you pay for.

I just got a free Kymco People S 125, it's like an 06 maybe? It's got legit moped size wheels, 16's. its real nice, 2 owner, low miles regular short rides - perfect. Old dude crashed into a car and cracked the front plastic a little, i mean like very little. bent the brake lever.

He's asked me to fix it and i was gonna do it free and then saturday he was like, you know, i'm never gonna ride this again - do you want it? signed me the title

I'm gonna tryn trade it for an old Elite

Nothing wrong with a Kymco....is it injected? If so i'd keep it.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

That bike would be carbureted. Kymcos are great bikes. I’ve owned five of them, including a People 250, Like 200 and a Grand Vista 250.

yea it's a carb, it's a great bike, thats why i hope to trade it for a great bike that i like more. or i'll just sell it. I dunno, i'll probably ride it a while. i just went to go register it but man the line was like around the block

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I just got a free Kymco People S 125, it's like an 06 maybe? It's got

> legit moped size wheels, 16's. its real nice, 2 owner, low miles regular

> short rides - perfect. Old dude crashed into a car and cracked the front

> plastic a little, i mean like very little. bent the brake lever.

>

> He's asked me to fix it and i was gonna do it free and then saturday he

> was like, you know, i'm never gonna ride this again - do you want it?

> signed me the title

>

> I'm gonna tryn trade it for an old Elite

Score! Post some pics

I been riding it every daysince, I got almost 100 on it already, but no pics!

I should go outside and take one

punkrock randy /

So goddamned hot, 93 here currently. Still sketched out about the CH250 cooling system. Where has your’s been on the gauge so far Brandon? I've hit halfway between middle and the start of the H. Maybe I should order a water pump 💁🏼‍♂️

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> So goddamned hot, 93 here currently. Still sketched out about the CH250

> cooling system. Where has your’s been on the gauge so far Brandon? I've

> hit halfway between middle and the start of the H. Maybe I should order

> a water pump 💁🏼‍♂️

It's normal for the gauge to get quite a ways towards the red if you're creeping along in slow traffic. Check your coolant levels, and change it if it hasn't been changed in a few years. Use non-silicate formulas ONLY. It'd also be a good idea to make sure your cooling fan works, there's instructions on CH250.net on how to test it. They're very quiet and only turn on when things really get steamy, so proof testing it is smart. After only a minute or two of cruising at city speeds the gauge shoots almost all the way back down. It's unsettling to see such a swing in the gauge, but from everything i've read on these it seems to be the norm.

punkrock randy /

Yeah, that’s what I’ve heard is the norm too. Pretty large variation. I checked my fuse for the fan and it’s good but didn’t throw power to the fan to be sure it works. Most say they’ve never heard the fan kick on, as it only happens when it’s gotten quite hot. My coolant just looked so rusty and fuct. Flushed the shit outta the reservoir, radiator and the rest of the system the best I could. Filled with delicious bright blue Honda coolant. Though I may drain and fill with fresh once more, now that I’ve really got it circulated. Great ride she is👍🏼

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account