Re: Puch Moped For Sale (akron Ohio)

@Keegan, my my how times have changed......the butcher of belvedere has been choppin these up for 12 yrs now.......everybody and their brother now snatches every vintage moped in sight.........hell $400 was pretty hefty price in 06........There is one in Oakwood Oh. for $1500, and he's been trying to unload that thing for 2 years now.......good luck with that.....buy a tomos A55 but be warned people rag on them pretty heavy cause they not old......There is a moped shop in West Milton, Oh. they might have a magnum or two they'll sell ya.

Bad Cadillac™ /

Fake News, Fake Post...

$400 in 2006 was about right, maybe $50-100 high on this bike because of the rigged petcock.

Around 2008 is when the popularity went crazy and prices almost doubled on magnums.

Did this sell?

> Chris Gunn Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Did this sell?

Well, the post is 12 years old now, I'd have to assume so

Mitchell Higgins /

Hey is this still available and will you ship

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I’m sure it is. It’s only been 14 years since being posted for sale.

Brandon Jensen /

Still have?

> Billy bob Jacobs Wrote:

> Still have?

No, this post is old enough to ride a moped. This isn't even the first time I've responded to someone that can't read dates on this thread. Looks like the last time I did was 3 years ago (edited)

Is the Petcock still available? ;)

Hmmm i'm really starting to think the Buy/Sell forum needs some kinda functionality to mark a post as SOLD so the thread can't be bumped...

At least give option for OP to delete it

Dirty30 Dillon /

> MPB Andyrew Wrote:

> Hmmm i'm really starting to think the Buy/Sell forum needs some kinda

> functionality to mark a post as SOLD so the thread can't be bumped...

Intergrate a new functionality and implement it across a whole website

or

just read?

That function would be great, but it literally takes 14 seconds to find out when the post was made. And given that this is a completely free-to-use website, I don't see Simon going out of his way to work through that.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

That’s the problem... folks don’t want to take the few seconds required to check the date of the post or read the responses.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> > MPB Andyrew Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Hmmm i'm really starting to think the Buy/Sell forum needs some kinda

>

> > functionality to mark a post as SOLD so the thread can't be bumped...

>

> Intergrate a new functionality and implement it across a whole website

>

> or

>

> just read?

>

> That function would be great, but it literally takes 14 seconds to find

> out when the post was made. And given that this is a completely

> free-to-use website, I don't see Simon going out of his way to work

> through that.

I don't like the option of deleting posts, I think it's good to have references for what other shit sold for. I think it'd be a good idea to lock the post once it's sold. Something like once the OP responds with "sold" the thread is locked from more responses being created

Of course people should look at dates, but it’s clear many many don’t. I understand wanting the ability to reference what things sold for, makes sense. Maybe a flag put in the OP can mark as sold and it shows on the title of the thread as (sold).

I’m sure there are members here that could pitch in with the coding if they are open to it, it’s not a big request. I could help with cyber security but I’m not a programmer. Yes it’s a free site, but there’s nothing wrong with requesting feature updates, but people need to understand it’s a request not a right.

I don't really see people (especially newbies) checking the date before posting. They're probably finding them through google anyways. Deleting is def a bad idea, but some kind of way to flag the post would be sweet. The Buy/Sell forum has a pretty clear goal of buying and selling, bumping a 14 year old post just muddies the water.

I'm a full time software engineer / web dev, its not necessarily hard but integrating it right can be tricky. I'd love to give a hand if Simon or whatever needs help, I understand how hard it can be to dedicate time to it when you have a full time job (I have side projects myself that are basically in the dying stage)

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

tl/dr

Did anyone ever figure out what's up with that petcock tho?

Will you ship?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account