Re: Hybrid Variomatic Transmissions & Shafts for Piaggio/Vespa

Yeah I bought the 1:7.5

These are gonna fucking rule people. If there's only 1 thing you buy for your vespa this year this should be it..

Frederick vdL /

I can mention so many other things your Vespa needs hehe :) hopefully not only this year, cos this year's nearly finished... VESPA, ALL DAY BABY...

^this for real. Fred steps it up. Also I just got my Christmas bonus, there's a chance it may go towards one of these!

Frederick vdL /

CasseLOLers Tyler Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ^this for real. Fred steps it up. Also I just got

> my Christmas bonus, there's a chance it may go

> towards one of these!

Firs that Liquid Cooled set......! ;) Will get you info on that asap. I've been planning on reproducing these one day (cylinder head only), made for 38mm, 42mm, 43mm and 46mm bores.

Yeah I need that much worse than the trans right now actually. Please tell me you have it now!

Hey Brad...what clutch did you slap on / stock?

This is basically what Matt swoop did on his insane pa50III raffle bike thing. It was nuts. If you're serious about top speed and tunability on a vespa, you should buy one of these.

Frederick vdL /

Head Nick In Charge SWOOP Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This is basically what Matt swoop did on his

> insane pa50III raffle bike thing. It was nuts. If

> you're serious about top speed and tunability on a

> vespa, you should buy one of these.

Yep, exactly. Spoke to Matt about this when he was working on that bike. Supplied him with some clutch parts such as the bell I believe. Really turned out awesome! I am keen to see how well that bike runs.

We've been doing this over here (in Europe) for, what seems like, ages. Stock clutches are so 2013... :)

Thanks for keeping us posted Fred. I could definitely see one of these and a lc kit in my future. I recently changed my stock gearing from 1:11.5 to 9.5:1. 1:7.5 and more tunability would be just super duper.

C

How's this project going? /bizump

Frederick vdL /

Still available, on request.

Brad and Brad should have their sets by now, or sometime soon, depending on their local shipping service.

I will get some videos up when I get my Simonini bike finished (sometime this week).

Hey Fred,

I have come up with a few more questions for you, and maybe these will help others who buy them.

How many splines are on the final drive shaft?

Also is there a certain model piaggio or other scooter the clutch's came on? I've managed to find the clutch and contra springs, as well as some awesome clutch bells but the pulleys have left me wondering..

The isn't even a slight chance the 125mm pulleys will bolt up on my ciao. I think 100s the largest possible I can go. I knew they would grind on the frame/subframe but it really looks like there going to hit the wheel mount bolts also.

100mm pulleys are gonna be a must.

In my experience, 100mm Pulley all the way. Also, you can find the clutches searching for GY6 Scooter, I picked up a chinese clone for $20-$30 shipped.

It seems like all of the gy6 ones come with pulleys larger than 110mms. Maybe im wrong?

Anybody?

How are these coming along?

Frederick vdL /

These are still available. Also available as just the shaft (so without the rest of the transmission or clutch).

There are several different discs/pulleys for these. I know of 100mm discs that fit Ciao frames without modification, but unfortunately these are pretty rare and we don't have them in stock at the moment.

pretty effing gangster. i want one, but i have a metal turning lathe, a welder, a 1 ton press, and all the parts i need to make one....

Frederick vdL /

I strongly recommend you do not weld over the seam, if that is what you were planning! That only really weakens the connection and could lead to the shaft to become slightly crooked.

Do the pulleys from vespa et2 fit this shaft? (edited)

Would the 107mm Peugeot/Piaggio clutch from treats work?

Fred - I have a few questions, and pardon any noobness. I think that this is a really cool idea.

1. What is the advantage of running a GY6 rear clutch over the aftermarket rear clutch? With the GY6, you lose the starter, and the aftermarket clutch also can be tuned with springs (although getting to the springs take a lot of disassembly). Is it the swappability of the rear pulleys? A Vespa subframe could probably only take a max 100mm rear pulley anyway.

2. Are the final drive shafts that you make depend upon the rest of the internal gearing? For example, if I had 9:1 Olympia gears in the rear now, would I need a specifc final drive shaft to match those gears?

Thanks!

Why exactly can't these work with a pedal start chain?? Say on my grande or my bravo??

It is because those GY6 clutches are made for kick start or electric start motors. Vespa starter clutches are in the rear clutch. Lose that, no pedal start.

Hoeveel voor de as alleen?

Mvg

can u still get these Hybrid Variomatic Transmissions & Shafts for Piaggio/Vespa

Gabeiel Kobelt /

Hi there im from Switzerland

can you deliver one of theese to switzerland? I really need this😂

kind regards

Gabriel

> Gabeiel Kobelt Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hi there im from Switzerland

>

> can you deliver one of theese to switzerland? I really need this😂

>

> kind regards

>

> Gabriel

Check this thread to order one.

https://vespa-ciao.nl/forums/topic/tk-foxsetje-11075/

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account