FS: AR80 Project. with extra Motor and Frame

Ok. I've been very back and forth about selling this bike because its a "once ever" kind of bike. but Its time to hand it off to someone else. I'm overwhelmed with winter projects. So here it is, the longest description ever. no bullshit, all the details I can muster up. This is such an awesome bike that is not too far off from being on the road. just in time for the winter project zone.

So i picked this bike up a few years back and have been doing here and there work on it for a while.

-----------------------------------------------------

here's all the BAD

- carb probably needs to be totally replaced. its way too corroded inside. but that's an easy fix. tons of carbs fit this bike. I had a PHBG 21 on it to get it running. I've had it running twice. but it was hard to start. sounded good and all the lights worked though. the truth is I never had the time to put more then a few hours into this bike so I never even got a chance to see if i could tune it to start better.

-the tank needs a petcock and the gas cap is busted but works with a screwdriver. there were pinholes on the bottom I JBweld patched anything that looked like it might eventually become a pinhole. I've successfully fixed many tanks this way. I did clean it out and filled it up with gas and they held good. but that's when I found out that the petcock was busted.

-it has the wrong kick-start lever. it will work to tun the engine over but it makes contact with the rear brake. so it definitely needs the right one.

-it is missing the big front fairing, and the two side fairings. which is pretty common.

-front brakes are complete but need fluid. I never got around to checking them.

-tires are junk. totally NEED to be replaced before you can ride.

-seat is in rough shape, foam is good but cover is cracked.

All this stuff is usually for sale and easy to find on ebay. kicker,petcock,gas cap, carb.

-No title. but I could try to get you a Maryland Moped title, for $50.

---------------------------------------------------

Now the GOOD:

-I did get it running twice. so it has potential. its not seized or anything critical.

-Transmission seems to work. neutral is sometimes a challenge, but it goes into the gears. and is Euro Shift pattern. awesome! I never rode the bike so I don't know for sure how tight the shifting is. but hey you get a whole other engine.

-its complete. aside from some small things. with some work it will be a great fun bike. also you will get a whole extra engine! so if any internal component goes wrong you have replacements!

-this package is worth an insane amount of money in parts alone, Just the Enki wheels (which are also a rare color) are worth 300-400 NO I WILL NOT SELL YOU JUST THE WHEELS!!! I really want to see this bike...well...be a bike! not many of these made it to the US. I know its worth more in parts Separately. but I'd rather get less $$ and see it on the road.

----------------------------------------------

the bike is in Baltimore MD

I'm asking $600 OBO, if you have a trade I'd consider it. wouldn't hurt. but I think I'd rather have the $$, like I said I'm neck deep in winter projects.

any questions or anything just lemme know. Email will be faster >> Bigbluetotoro@hotmail.com <<

also to reiterate I WILL NOT SELL YOU JUST THE WHEELS.

(edited)

Re: FS: AR80 Project. with extra Motor and Frame

FYI i have parts.

carbs are like 75 complete, but i can supply whatever

no wheels, no clutch bells but plenty of other parts, pm me

†▲m †▲m /

im super tempted, but I know id probably just swap the forks and wheel set to my ns50 and sell the ar80 :(

Perfekt Timing Angel /

Yo lemme get them wheels, daw.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

;P

i just wanna mention that this is a steal for a bike /spares in this condition, a ready to ride kawaii in 8/10 shape goes for 1300 to 2700 up here. and im friends with totorro on instagram so goodluck with the sale

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

yeah, this is an honest bike, shes ugly but not fucked. has a cool department of defense sticker on it. enkei wheels and shit dog.

At first I thought, daaammnnnnn 600.00 obo for the bike was total la-la-land, but then realized that it was for the parts roller and engine too.

YEAH, dudersssss......good deal. Mos def.

http://www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-ar80_model12139/

found all the parts my 1990 Honda VTR250 needed here. they buy up lots of vintage motorcycle parts to sell.

Daaaaamn killer FKN deal

i just clicked on this thread 20th time just to tell myself- no more hording!!!

i'll be back!

fucking maryland.

AHHH damn i still want that shit

were you located

SOLD!

† CH∆D † /

YAY! Fuckin good deal. Hopefully this is rolling again soon.

soon = spring/summer

just got back from meeting sir christopher and already have the side covers on - missed usps this morning who has the front fairing :\ picking up monday

great meeting you doodz, i couldn't be happier. 1 guy came over and checked it out when we stopped at a rest stop and instantly mentioned the DOD sticker and fell in love, made his wife get out of the car in 20deg weather to check it out ha. then two younger chicks at the gas station stopped me and commented on it.

its got natural mojo. very rare.

chris makin it rain - taylor d photobomb

comin outta retirement..

there wasn't a good pic of this above, but this sticker crazy unique to the bike. its staying.

will update as the build comes along - thanks again CHRIS YOU ROCK

almost ready for the road.

terrible quality pic before tear down

the rest were taken today

† CH∆D † /

Breaking hearts!

this is awesome

Beautiful

Damn that came out perdy

thanks! here's one after a short ride need new clutch plates and a gear shift damper

It is even more beautiful in person.

daw thanks dr Matt! 1977mopeds 90cc kit/dell 21phbg race, I'm on the stock top end now tho, the 77 kit exhaust port is for the AR50 gotta match it up :/

Bittersweet departing..

thank you chris tor the journey..

torch passed

BB3196A9-3D7F-4F83-8F41-8EB8807B0093.jpeg
A529E101-AD82-4532-9B9E-08DD30A89277.jpeg

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

awwwwwww

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account