Re: 1979 Indian moped for sale

Montius Mitchell /

I'll give you $80 just for the back tire give me a call 919-491-0399 my name is montius

This bike was sold in 2015...so I’m sure he still has the tire.

Montius Mitchell /

I won't it for the back tire but give me a call I'll buy the bike 919-491-0399 my name is Mitchell email is montiusmitchell@gmail.com

Montius Mitchell /

Can you get in contact with him and let me know you got my information

^Read more...

Dafuq?

But this is a good opportunity to relate the actual history of the Indian moped. It was one of the biggest frauds ever perpetrated in all mopedum.

Some slick lawyer purchases the highly recognizable Indian name at bankruptcy auction for a few thousand dollars.

He then tries to capitalize as much as possible on the famous name known for quality by contracting the Merida factory in Taiwan in 1979 to produce a sorta clone of the Honda PC50 motor, but with the cheapest possible materials and workmanship so he can make the maximum per unit. At that time, Merida made total junk, and the quality of the metal parts was so low, cranks, pushrods, valves etc would snap at random. Thus began the short run of Indian mopeds. They were so bad, that a good number went back for warranty repairs, and the warranty was only 90 days! People caught on that this whole thing was nothing but a scam, and the company was sold in 1982 again for peanuts. Yet even today, people fall for the "Indian" name and associate it with collectability. The only thing they collect is dust and idiots.

Interesting story.

Like a bad meal . . . It’s back again

I'll take it . How much. . I want it whole. Don't sell any parts off of it . Not a joke. I'm from Springfield Mass. My dad rides the original Indians. Me having one of these would drive him nuts . I want it . I want it. I want it. 858 230 1718 (text San Diego)

dude this 4 stoke pile sold back in 2015. As a good friend once told me, read a book.

proving my point of the post 3 previous

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

So wait, this is still for sale then...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account