FS: Motobecane 50V Part Out and Other Bits

Marcel TheShell /

It's time to part out the bike. I was riding and it died, I think it's ignition related.

It's a 1979 Motobecane 50V. This means 12V electrics.

Motor is an AV7 with an Airsal 50cc kit, dellorto SHA 15.15, Malossi intake, Le Partie CDI, stock exhaust, and a lightened factory variator.

Wheels are spokes with moby hubs and Michelin City Pro tires. All new rubber was thrown on a year ago and the tubes on the bike hold air.

Two steel Wald folding baskets.

Speedo works.

Seat is in good shape.

Lots of spare bits in the stash, listed in the chart below...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_yoqbPoTK0jisxldYfYydFIu9hn6efmV_BOhMqwYc24/edit?usp=sharing

IMG_0331.jpg

Re: FS: Motobecane 50V Part Out and Other Bits

Josiah Radebaugh /

DONT PART IT OUT!! So saveabel!!!!

Marcel TheShell /

I know, but I’m getting tired.

It totally happens, but sell it whole? selling mine to buy either a Honda CH80 or a Helix, need some speed to keep enjoying riding, I'm super sad to do it, my Moby is a thing of beauty, but sick of dealing with an obscure make...too old to enjoy working on it, I had a great run, it was very reliable for a LONG time, still runs right just needs attention i'm no longer willing to do, I hate new traffic style and all the idiots on the f-ing PHONE! Ugh...its funny, the internet saved mopeds with making info avail, and obscure parts avail, but it also threatens to kill the riders with inattentive cagers. :( I will only sell mine to a moped person, with the caveat that when they are sick of it they offer to sell it back to me, hopefully I will have a place to store it other than my dining room, if it goes I will still have 4 more.Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/19 11:02PM by keller_stephen.

Marcel TheShell /

I loved riding the thing, but my daily is a half century old and made in England and I only have the patience for one fussy vehicle. I’d try to sell it whole but there’s a nice 50V on CL near me for $500. It hasn’t sold for three months. In my book, it’s not worth trying.

If it can’t bring someone happiness whole, it’ll bring many people happiness in pieces.

I hear you man...I just hate to see beautiful bikes parted out, if it was a thrasher it would not be so bad, but that is a great looking bike. It probably would not be too hard to fix...but I feel you on not wanting to, I refuse to part mine, it still runs well, jut an electrical gremlin in the lights, (no ground strap) and the variator needs cleaning, it sticks when really hot, (ancient grease), I just don't have the motivation to work on it nor the tools to pull the variator. I suck, I know, but an electric start bulletproof Honda sounds real nice to me. Still got My Hobbit, that thing will never die. :) Proceeds from sale will get my QT-50 in good shape and go towards a Helix. I will shed a tear when the 50v goes though, of all the mopeds I have had, nothing rides so smooth, they have heft to them, not skittish like the Hobbit or some Puchs I have test ridden. My Express is a toy, more bicycle than anything, it is cool though, but only about 25 mph...not enough, that will be on the sale block when I get it registered. I wish life was 30 years slower. :)

kevin smellaflange /

side covers & motor complete

kevin smellaflange /

thanks Marcel for getting my moby up & running...

it was a parts bike 2 years ago when i got it, the side covers were missing & the piston was stuck.

but now it will be looking good once again.

your parts bike got my parts bike up & running, thanks...insert smile & thumbs up emoji

Marcel TheShell /

Gone:

Motor

Sidecovers

Baskets

Seat

Josiah Radebaugh /

So sad^

kevin smellaflange /

thanks for helping me get my bike complete after all this time...2 years down.

Marcel TheShell /

You wanna make an offer on the frame?

Wheels are good too, nice fresh rubber.

Pmed on all the jets

i really wanted those baskets but i am sure they went quick. i would be interested in the tires and variator if you are willing to pull them. i am not even sure what a lightened variator would do (increase rpm and the start of variating? Bu i recently bought a 78 moby in the same color from a former m.a. member and just went to get it insured today

kevin smellaflange /

the gas cap worked great...thanks

Marcel TheShell /

Sorry,

All of those bits went fast.

Marcel TheShell /

Glad to hear it!

Josiah Radebaugh /