First Moped

Timothy Washburn /

In the market to purchase my first moped, looking for a Tomas A-3 Golden Bullet or perhaps a Puch Maxi.. but really any of the Tomas or Puch bikes on Ohio's list will do. Preferably looking for a moped that already runs, max price is $800. Many thanks.

Re: First Moped

I'm looking for a Puch Maxi in Ohio too. Preferably Cleveland area

Josiah Radebaugh /

There is a 1994 Hero Majestic Pacer for sale in Chauncey, Oh. (edited)

Nice profile pic

Timothy Washburn /

Thanks, just cut off an 8 inch beard

It should be helpful to know Ohio no longer has an "approved moped list" in enforcement.... if you go to the OHBMV you simply fill out a form with make model year miles color Vin horsepower Etc.... All you Ohioans with Murray's can finally ride legit haha.... One bummer though- now there are a buncha 14yr olds running Schwinn's w Chinese bicycle kits and plates :(

Yeah, the Ohio approved list was pretty inaccurate. I could plate a Motron Medalist, but I couldn't plate a Classic, Sprint, or Fairway. The only difference being plastic trim package and the sticker on the gas tank.

Overpriced Parts /

> Monti S Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It should be helpful to know Ohio no longer has an "approved moped list"

> in enforcement.... if you go to the OHBMV you simply fill out a form

> with make model year miles color Vin horsepower Etc.... All you Ohioans

> with Murray's can finally ride legit haha.... One bummer though- now

> there are a buncha 14yr olds running Schwinn's w Chinese bicycle kits

> and plates :(

I had a beautiful Murray that I sold because it wasn’t on the list, I was tired of sticking a magnum plate on it to ride it,

It’s not Chinese bicycle kits by me but plastic, pot metal, tiny tire Chinese scooters that could be bought online and dropped off at your house for like 6-700$ that people are now using as Mopeds, they lock up in about 100 miles if you could even get one to Fire after it’s delivered to your house ha ha

That temporary form law is got about three more years until they agree to keep it or change it so who knows what new moped they’re going to come up with

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account