Re: anyone like Indians?

Jimmy Cincinnati /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

theoretically if you could somewhat easily get those 9 complete bikes going and sell them to people who dont know better at laconia or sturgis or wherever the old dudes go now, you COULD make some decent money

a couple problems with that...

1) Some of those bikes need some real love, not all look like quick fixes. One had some seriously jacked front forks.

2) The old dudes are the ones putting high price tags on them... and none of their buddies are buying them. I saw 5 forsale at a show about a month ago and to my knowledge not 1 sold, nor were people harping on them. Prices anywhere from $300-$1000. These bikes are just not worth much, but people see Indian and assume they are.

3) Pray your not in a title state, because they are either missing titles or you will have hassles transferring titles to people.

I'd love to have one, but once people see the name Indian... They think American pickers and think they're worth something..

You nailed it.

Honestly $2000 is probably more inline with reality, and even at that price point Im out. There probably is money to be made at $2000 but you will need to invest time into repairing them, money for parts, and be willing to sit on these for a good while waiting for them to sell.

I have seen a couple recently posted locally selling for $1,500 - $2,200 each.

This is a pet peeve of mine, sellers throwing out ridiculous pricing. "I saw a guy on ebay wanting $5000, so all these are worth $5K now." I dont a rational, sane person would walk away from that sort of profit margin.(edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.