Re: anyone like Indians?

Josiah Radebaugh /

I'd love to have one, but once people see the name Indian... They think American pickers and think they're worth something..

theoretically if you could somewhat easily get those 9 complete bikes going and sell them to people who dont know better at laconia or sturgis or wherever the old dudes go now, you COULD make some decent money

but then you gotta go to laconia, or sturgis or whatever and...who tf wants to do that?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

theoretically if you could somewhat easily get those 9 complete bikes going and sell them to people who dont know better at laconia or sturgis or wherever the old dudes go now, you COULD make some decent money

a couple problems with that...

1) Some of those bikes need some real love, not all look like quick fixes. One had some seriously jacked front forks.

2) The old dudes are the ones putting high price tags on them... and none of their buddies are buying them. I saw 5 forsale at a show about a month ago and to my knowledge not 1 sold, nor were people harping on them. Prices anywhere from $300-$1000. These bikes are just not worth much, but people see Indian and assume they are.

3) Pray your not in a title state, because they are either missing titles or you will have hassles transferring titles to people.

I'd love to have one, but once people see the name Indian... They think American pickers and think they're worth something..

You nailed it.

Honestly $2000 is probably more inline with reality, and even at that price point Im out. There probably is money to be made at $2000 but you will need to invest time into repairing them, money for parts, and be willing to sit on these for a good while waiting for them to sell.

I have seen a couple recently posted locally selling for $1,500 - $2,200 each.

This is a pet peeve of mine, sellers throwing out ridiculous pricing. "I saw a guy on ebay wanting $5000, so all these are worth $5K now." I dont a rational, sane person would walk away from that sort of profit margin.(edited)

Where'd you did yer book learnin', son?

Screenshot_20190812-101237_Samsung Internet.jpg

13 bikes, 13 deflated seats

Never again

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Where'd you did yer book learnin', son?

from you, where i copied & pasted it to my post.

is lead a significant part of your diet, james?

Buncha dead Indians haha.

Back in the day, a slick lawyer bought the vaunted Indian name for pennies. Then he contracted the cheapest shittiest Taiwan moped plant to produce these turds. It didn't take long for folks to figure out the had been swindled, and that was the end of the company. This scam is the gift that keeps on giving decades later. They are pure shit and totally worthless

or do we (strokes beard) find retired dentists and...keep the swindle going?

Overpriced Parts /

I had one like this:

0E41A131-47AE-44A8-8DE5-8D8276DE679F.jpeg

I should’ve just kept the wheels for what I got for wasn't much more than the wheels were worth nowadays

Aaron Ward /

Dots or feathers? It's Native American.

Larry Picarello /

Believe it or not, I was a dealer for these back in the day.

Softest nuts and bolts know to man.

> alex . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 13 bikes, 13 deflated seats

I always wondered why Indian seats were so flaccid

> Harry Crank Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > alex . Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > 13 bikes, 13 deflated seats

>

> I always wondered why Indian seats were so flaccid

Made in Taiwan R.O.C.

They sucked brand new.

I realized that at the age of 14.

Sold it and bought a new Pacer SS.

Night and day.(edited)

Devin Macedo /

There were a few seats that weren't deflated actually! rare.

Yeah these are nobody's favorite mopeds... LOL

I think with the amount of parts in the totes, used and NOS, it made it worth it for someone.

They sold for what I wanted, score.

At only a couple hundred per moped he was excited.(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account