((WTB))!! FAUXMOS MOUNTS

Samuel Gonzalez /

Looking to see if anyone has some before I go try and make my own. Going on my 95 Targa LX.

A209A3A1-02BF-41BF-AAB8-D2DCE6752D8C.jpeg

Re: ((WTB))!! FAUXMOS MOUNTS

You wanna put custom Tomos motor mounts... on a Tomos?

?

Not sure if it’s much help but I’ve had a set of motor mounts cut off a Tomos frame sitting in my driveway for the past few months.. pay for shipping if u want them

Samuel Gonzalez /

FAUXMOS mounts are to mount a lifan motor on a tomos, your response makes no sense. Thanks for the offer though I guess (edited)

Sell me that dreadful old tomos engine and I’ll make you a set!

"like"

Samuel Gonzalez /

Hahaha no sir, that ones getting rebuilt when I have money to do it right, I just wanna ride the thing atm.

Jeremy Homser /

Makes more sense to just by a running tomos engine then to convert to a lifan. Also of i remember correctly you have to cut into the frame to make the fauxmos mounts work. That would make it hard to go back to a tomos engine

You will get no respect with a lifan.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

You should just slap a batavus motor it would go right on laws wolves squirrels cats rabbits what was that guy's name that wrote across the United States Target Target at Target ad Targa moped I need more medical marijuana I can't talk right

Jimmy Cincinnati /

You will get no respect with a lifan.

This would make me want to put a lifan on it all the more. You should ride mopeds because you like them, not to be trendy.

Samuel Gonzalez /

Jimmy I couldn’t agree more, the attitude on this site is really weird and this is the first time I post here. Who cares if a fuckin a moped gets me respect

Its not a moped anymore if you lifan it.

> alex . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Its not a moped anymore if you lifan it.

×2

You wont get any respect if you lifan it.

You'd be better off putting a lawnmower engine in it.

> Samuel Gonzalez Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hahaha no sir, that ones getting rebuilt when I have money to do it

> right, I just wanna ride the thing atm.

The attitudes on this site are just fine. When you start bring up stupid shit like Lifan on a Tomos you're gonna get shit. You claim to have no money to rebuild an A35 and yet you want to embark on an expensive venture of adapting a small motorcycle motor on a moped which makes no sense.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I could agree that logically rebuilding your tomos motor makes more sense, they are quick / cheap rebuilds and you have the treatland 18% sale going on. It would be cheaper and easier to rebuild.

Now with all that said if you just want to LifAn that tomos because it’s something you want to do than go for it. Maybe others will complain but I’ll give you some respect for doing what you like doing. Expect hurdles beyond just motor mounts. You will need to run your exhaust, change out cables / perches for the next setup, figure out how to wire lights, etc... also it will not longer meet the requirements to be licensed as a moped.

Honestly most the other posters will hurl insults at you no matter what you do, these people are un-pleasable here.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account