Trac moped at antique auction

The same buddy that empties storage units attends auctions at a co-op where he sells the contents of those units. He mentioned that there was a bike for auction and as luck would have it, it's a Trac moped.

Thoughts on year, model, desirability, and maximum bid?

Screenshot_2019-09-05-07-44-43.png
Screenshot_2019-09-05-07-44-32.png
Screenshot_2019-09-05-07-44-17.png

Re: Trac moped at antique auction

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Thoughts on year, model, desirability, and maximum bid?

Mid to Late 80's - it has a M56 which was the later model trac motor but before the Daelim engine.

I think its a Clipper, its not very desirable. There is virtually no profit to be had from that but might make a cool rat bike if you just want something to screw around with.

Unless your into these or have one that needs parts I would not advise anything over $50. Even at $50, if your making money its not going to be much. For me to pay $50 it would need to be in my face (like at a yardsale or something) and Im just bored.

Josiah Radebaugh /

If you were to find some covers, it would Improve the bike greatly. Especially if you welded mounts for leg guards. I thought this was the Trac Escot?

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Yeah, ditto on the covers. I've got a trac clipper (blue). Without the covers it looks like someone decided that it should be covered in garbage. With the covers it hides the messy wiring and other loose bits. My trac vibrates like crazy due to the poor design which allow for WAAAAAAAAAAAYY too much movement of everything. But yeah. get yourself some covers and it'll probably be worth something.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

oh, and I think that's an escot (no leg shield mounts like the clipper)

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I've got a trac clipper (blue).

The big difference between yours and the one picture is the motor. Your blue trac had the Daelim (2 speed) motor on it, while that has the M56. M56's can make decent stockers however they have their quirks. Id tinker with a Daelim motor any day but those M56's are odd balls... the carbs are in weird places, the air boxes are funky & always missing, and the belts are hard to find. While not worth alot more, if that one pictured had a Daelim i would pay up to $75-$100 for it depending how board I am.

campeona del mundo /

1 dollar bob

Josiah Radebaugh /

@Jimmy Its got a single speed Daelim. It looks almost like you could throw in some a3 to make it two speed. They have like no vibration dampening. The only thing that absorbs vibration is your but and feet. It hurts as Alex can attest. If you find Clipper covers, of any sort that fit, get em... The wiring is an absolute mess. And if your lucky the many Philips heads holding the bike together aren't stripped.

Well, SOMEBODY 10 miles away from the auction bought it and it is now a "barn find" worth $200, apparently.(edited)

Josiah Radebaugh /

Gotta love em'

Trac made mopeds? Must have been before they marketed shitty phones

« Go to Topic — end of thread