1980 Vespa Grande Fork lock.

ELLAK MOLNAR /

I'm trying to replace my Fork Lock on my 1980 Vespa Grande. No Key, I had to drill out to remove it. So, the original Lock was destroyed in the process. I believe it had a 4mm short block on it? Not 100% certain. Anyone have the specs on a replacement Fork lock for this moped? Also, Anyone know where to purchase a replacement? I would need the Lock, Spring & Key.(edited)

Re: 1980 Vespa Grande Fork lock.

I would recommend just spending the money instead on a high quality chain lock (I have a few Kryptonite) if you want the fork lock for actual security. I had a KE100 stolen with the forks and gas tank locked; all it takes is 2 dudes to pick your bike up and throw it in a van and it's gone.

ELLAK MOLNAR /

Nick Haber, You are absolutely correct. I started to do Nut and Bolt Restorations on these Vespa Grandes as a hobby a few years ago. I only need to install a new Fork lock to make the bike factory correct.

> ELLAK MOLNAR Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Nick Haber, You are absolutely correct. I started to do Nut and Bolt

> Restorations on these Vespa Grandes as a hobby a few years ago. I only

> need to install a new Fork lock to make the bike factory correct.

I see, I take it this one won't fit? https://www.treatland.tv/vespa-piaggio-olympia-front-fork-lock-p/vespa-olympia-lock-100466.htm

ELLAK MOLNAR /

No, I purchased one from them a few years ago, It was too big. Now that I need to do it again on another restoration, I forgot the size and where I purchased the last one from. I'm pretty sure it was out of the Country somewhere in Italy or Germany if I recall? I must be getting old, I can't remember! You would think I would have chose a easier brand Moped than Grandes to restore for a hobby! Lol.(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account