My son bought a running Batavus HS50 with hopes that he could use it to get around campus at college. The bottom line is that it's cool and runs well - but is just too slow for a guy is size to safely move in traffic so we are looking to sell it.
Located in Louisville KY. Plenty of pictures available.
* New Tires front and back (after a lot of looking - I found a 2 1/4 inch for the rear - so this is done correctly).
* New high quality air filter, horn and led rear tail light (though horn and tail light not hooked up - as he is away at school).
* We flushed the fuel tank and it was clean / I am the farthest thing from an expert - but is is in remarkable shape for it's age.
* The paint has some chips and scratches.
* The original seat had a hole and wasn't tucked properly in the back and partially on one side. I made an attempt to patch them with a leather patch - but it's not perfect.
* The clutch cable (that you use to start it) - is a little loose from the handle - it works just fine - but something looks off...
* There is a part that must have been bolted above the engine which is missing.
* the muffler is missing the original rear mount / a zip tie is holding it right now.
We aren't in a rush to sell and will wait until spring rather than him taking a big loss on the purchase. Would be interested in a trade - if we could trade it for something 50cc or under that would reliably move a 150 lb. 18 year old at up to 35 MPH.