FS 1980 Testi Comfort 50

Testi Comfort with under 300 miles, has undergone major rehab to include full engine rebuild with bearings, seals, and all gaskets. New seat, repro tail light, Domino controls, all cables, pedals, carb overhaul, tank flush, new inner tubes, new clutch assembly, clutch plate, and flat return springs (in cover). Many new parts and a great deal of time in this machine. Work was done by a retired aircraft mechanic with over 40 years' experience on motorbikes large and small.

Located in SE New Hampshire.

I am in no hurry to sell this bike. In fact I very much enjoy seeing it in my shop. Hell I might want to keep it because spring is coming. At this point I am simply fielding offers should anyone be interested to make one. Thanks.

20191108_130359.jpg

Re: FS 1980 Testi Comfort 50

***Kim Jong illest*** /

no listed price = wants too much

NEXT

Terbo Speghetti /

Lol @ "aircraft mechanic"

If you don't wanna sell your bike, then don't pretend to sell your bike so you can show it off.

And miles are pretty irrelevant when it comes to tiny two strokes that you have to rebuild all the time.

Seems like your opinion of the bike is a little higher than anyone else's will be, so you go ahead and enjoy it without us

spring is coming? It’s not even winter yet

21 years in the the United States Air Force as a master airlift/bombardment aircraft technician, in the Strategic Air Command and Air Mobility Command does indeed, qualify me as an aircraft mechanic.

Or would you somehow disagree? Maybe you know better than me? It seems you think you do.

Terbo Speghetti /

That's great, but if you want to fuck a moped up, you give it to a guy who thinks it's "just a moped."

Working on flying tubes for your entire career has a way of making mopeds seem less than important.

Terbo Speghetti /

My moped doesn't have bomb bay doors or life support systems. All "aircraft mechanic" means in this context is that his torque wrench doesn't have a setting low enough to get anything on a moped engine right

Quite the contrary. You clearly do not get it.

Working on aircraft, where no corners can be cut, no detail overlooked, gives a deep understanding and appreciation for ALL machinery, large and small, simple and complex.

Some of the very best mechanics I know got their start with airplanes. Today they work on antique cars, mopeds, motorcycles, power equipment, you name it. And they bring a work ethic of unparalleled quality and attention to detail. Anyone who thinks it's "just a moped" or "just a snowblower" shouldn't be allowed to own tools.

And by the way, a KC-135 Stratotanker is a hell of a lot more than "just a flying tube".

Terbo Speghetti /

Whatever bro, good luck selling your priceless jet moped

Terbo Speghetti /

All the most smartest moped people don't know how to spell the model of moped they're selling

> Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Whatever bro, good luck selling your priceless jet moped

Jealous.

> Jeff Adams Wrote:

> Quite the contrary. You clearly do not get it.

>

> Working on aircraft, where no corners can be cut, no detail overlooked,

> gives a deep understanding and appreciation for ALL machinery, large and

> small, simple and complex.

>

> Some of the very best mechanics I know got their start with airplanes.

> Today they work on antique cars, mopeds, motorcycles, power equipment,

> you name it. And they bring a work ethic of unparalleled quality and

> attention to detail. Anyone who thinks it's "just a moped" or "just a

> snowblower" shouldn't be allowed to own tools.

>

> And by the way, a KC-135 Stratotanker is a hell of a lot more than "just

> a flying tube".

^ This, for sure.

> Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

> Whatever bro, good luck selling your priceless jet moped

Wow, lighten up man.

Yeah leave the guy alone quit tryna scare ppl off here

guy: hey dudes i have a nice bike that i rebuilt, btw heres my backstory so you know im not a dumb kid who fucked it up. dont really need or wanna sell it but if you dig it let me know and maybe we can work something out

forum: FUCJINATHATBIKESUXKSFUCKUANDYOURAIRPLANESANDITSWORTHONLY4DOLLARSNOBODYCARESGOAWAYBOOOOMRR!!!

this fucking place sometimes, i swear to god...

This is a very nice example of a not very collectible model. The kind of price it will command is likely not one that would induce you to sell it. The collectors (like me) seek the rare and unusual models, not the standard V1 step-through that was sold under many makes. It lacks the things that make certain peds command high prices like top tank, or dual variation, or multiple gears /clutch or unusual styling. It has no performance add-ons, which would also make it pull a more decent price. A really nice, low-mile, unmolested pedestrian model would pull about $700 in your market area. This will seem very high to many folks on this forum who are in areas where a really nice vintage ped only pulls about $400, but SE NH is near enough to the moped starved Boston market to bump it up. Clearly this is not what your time is worth, so just ride the thing and enjoy the scenery which happens to be exceptional in your neck of the woods.

Unfortunately Jeff, this is not the forum to sell a nice bike for max dollars as most of us are cheapskates. Try Facebook marketplace. Mr. spaghetti should enjoy a heaping plate and lay-off the meth.

You're gonna have to find a very particular buyer to get what you want for this bike. It's worth probably ~$600-700, don't think anyone here will pay that though since we're all hobbyists.

Find someone who had one when they were a kid and has some money and you're set.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account