1979 Pacer Deluxe Mint Condition

only 55 miles!

Always garage kept, starts and runs perfectly

M1 engine

All original (one exception is the muffler) parts.

One owner.

Looking for a happy home for the bike, not a financial killing

Only $950

Re: 1979 Pacer Deluxe Mint Condition

That’s a great deal on a beautiful bike , I’ll have more than that on the clunker I’m restoring now

Yep, I've often thought about the days when I rode it's predecessor, a 1978 Pacer through the streets of NYC, until it was stolen. Then I bought this one but very soon after my attention shifted to cars and then to motorcycles about 5 years ago.

Still have a sweet spot for my moped memories!

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

Its beautiful!!! Why are you so far away. :::( Someone buy this Pacer and show it some love!!

Overpriced Parts /

Wow just a few years ago that would be a $300 bike is definitely worth it nowadays though!

79??

Looks like an 80 to me. Any paperwork with this?

Could be. I no longer have the sales receipt, but I bought it direct from the U.S. distributor on Long Island. No license or registration was necessary in those days.

How does one tell a 1979 from a 1980?

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

> Andy K Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Could be. I no longer have the sales receipt, but I bought it direct

> from the U.S. distributor on Long Island. No license or registration

> was necessary in those days.

>

> How does one tell a 1979 from a 1980?

Generally, 80 is the start of the use of the M1 as well as the paint scheme that is on that bike. There should be a sticker on the front of the frame behind the headlight that should say year.

Thanks. I'll check MLK weekend (bike is garaged at my country house in Hudson NY) and report back.

Aarom Reingardt /

Is it still for sale?

Yeah, with the Covid situation this and everything else seems to have been back burnered.

spin it positive: ready for aftermaarket clamp on expansion chamber.

Well it only took 6 months but I finally checked and the Moped Army is correct!

The plate behind the headlight indicates that the bike was manufactured in February 1980.

My son lives in Hudson! I visit there often. M1 are easier to find kits then the M0 and they are also way cheaper. I am still trying to wrap my head around NY moped prices even though I am born and raised Midtown Manhattan, they tend to run nearly double the more rural places.

Haha

This Pacer led a dual life. Was in NYC for 35 years b4 moving to Hudson. I think it prefers the country air.😎

Regarding pricing, I’m seeing Pacers -all in worse condition with more miles - for $1000 and more. So I see this bike priced well below market.

Poor exhaust pipe or do you have it?

My very first ped! It was rattle canned black and yellow. I have it torn down in a hundred pieces and forgotten about often...it had a puch pipe on it too lol

55 miles? Does the speedo cable work?

A few people already said in the comments that the pacers value seems to be going up. I wonder why? Besides it being old. I just got mine running again but it still needs some minor work.

The original exhaust fell off while my son was riding and was lost. (Yeah, he had been drinking)

I replaced it with a Pacer muffler in excellent condition.

Sure does. Current mileage is all the way up to 87!

Larry Picarello /

PM sent.

Sold this am

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account