2019 Supercub

Honda Supercub on Facebook $2500.00 , 3800 miles . Toledo Ohio

Re: 2019 Supercub

kevin smellaflange /

i still like my 1964 c100, it does 45 mph, & gets 1,000,000.00 miles to a gallon...they have a 2mm overbore for them...the new cost more than i like to spend on a noped

I just bought a 1965 C100 for $750 ,it runs great and just needs a lot of cosmetic work. I think I’m better off with the 45 mph speed, at 72 years old the reflexes are waning. That is a good price though for a beautiful bike, it won’t last long .

Pushrod Fifty /

The cub engine is awesome as stock, but most any stepthru engine will bolt in, C70, CT90 if you want higher performance.

I Might have to look into that ,does it affect the reliability ? I’m going to remove the front wheel today for cleaning , any special information or suggestions that might be helpful ? it doesn’t look to be as straight forward as a moped. Thanks

kevin smellaflange /

my c70 doesn't go as fast as the c100 does...they made more of the cub than any other 2 wheeled model...my c70 is geared too low,it has a 17 tooth front sprkt & 32 rr now....the 14/ 36 screamed the 5 hp motor @ 30 mph...stock my c100 49cc goes 45mph.... both w/420 chains...super quiet pushrod 4 strokes

When I bought this the carb was leaking and I never heard it run. Cleaned the carb which was really bunked up ,float was sticking. Took comp. and was only reading45-50 lbs. my Harbor Freight quality tester must have been wrong. I installed a new plug air cleaner and fresh ethanol gas, it started first kick and ran smooth. The muffler was shot , ordered another and it’s on the way . Thanks

kevin smellaflange /

i run a splash of marvel in my anti-oxygenated brew....4cycles of the vintage heritage need some oil for the vales that the leaded used to offer. tru-fuel w/o oil...7$ a gallon walsmart

How many miles do you have on your cubs ?

Mine has 26,000. Runs like new, did need a new cam chain tensioner at 23 and various parts along the way of course

I’ll be putting quite a few miles on this spring and may even buy another old cub for a Grandson. We’re fixing up a Sachs Balboa now , it had a ton of issues and spent a lot of money and time repairing it. Hopefully we get it running and is fairly dependable.

The Cub is fun to work on and easy to see why their so popular . Honda is one of the best companies ever, my friends rode those S90s, another great Honda product.

Pushrod Fifty /

I put a one tooth larger front sprocket on my C70 and went from 40 to 48mph with more of a shift range between gears.

What is needed to go from a 1965 50 to a 90 ?

kevin smellaflange /

i have 9k on my c70 & 6k on my c100....they were both ''sit seized'' when i got them...liquid wrench sprayed down the plug hole & 2 days later i got them to move....the c70 piston came from vietnam...w/the c70 motor in a c100 you would gain a hot start & it wouldn't be much wider & a gain of 1/2 a pony

ive gotten legit over 150mpg on a cub

Why buy or ride anything else ? , it just seems to be the perfect 2 wheeled vehicle.

That guy Honda was a genius, a true visionary and Quality fanatic.

The quality part was Demming.

American businesses wouldn't listen to him as they had more demand than they could handle after WWII. --> Quantity > Quality

https://www.nytimes.com/1993/12/21/obituaries/w-edwards-deming-expert-on-business-management-dies-at-93.html

I retired from the Timken company and was a tapered roller grinder . We went through a spell where the quality went down hill and they were forced to employ Demings quality measures . For months we had endless meetings and training on his systems .The first was ESPC , system of quality control involving inspection data. Then the company started calling us associates and we had parities together and they incouraged comaradity , this was unheard in the past . Then they invested hindereds of millions in equipment and research . A lot of people don’t realize the reason we Americans bought foreign products had nothing to do with price and everything to do with quality. The companies that adopted Demings philosophy swam and the ones that didn’t sank .Today we make products as good or better than anyone and do so with better wages,benefits and environmental standardsthan any country .Make China and India use the same wage and enviromental laws as us and see what happens to their prices.

Pushrod Fifty /

Soichiro Honda in 1948 started off building bicycle engines in a shack.

He was sort of the Henry Ford of Japan and would not had the opportunity for such a productive and meaningful life without the Hell of WW2 ,in which 2 of my uncles were killed at 19 years old 1 in the Marines on the island of Peleliu and the other on a Navy ship that was sunk in the Med.

kevin smellaflange /

they had a factory make the 17'' tires for the bumpy roads

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account