WTB: Garelli Monza GT

Looking for a Monza GT. The gold (1986/1987) colored one is preferred but I am open to ideas. Not interested in any with missing fairings or broken plastic panels beyond repair. Unmodified and better-than-good condition is a plus. Located in Queens, NY. Open to shipping as well.

Thanks

MM

Re: WTB: Garelli Monza GT

Bump

not for sale, but ironically enough im wrenching on mine today.

friendly bump

i can post photos of whats going down if your interested ;)

if its any consolation, i got the black one

the gold with the 5 stars is hot hot hot

i hit up this dude Toledo Riot to pick his brain on them, he is super helpful and wicked friendly. iv actually got a few more questions on the engine before i dig into that. focusing on getting everything else dialed first, glhf!

> fox -+:| Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> not for sale, but ironically enough im wrenching on mine today.

>

> friendly bump

>

> i can post photos of whats going down if your interested ;)

>

> if its any consolation, i got the black one

>

> the gold with the 5 stars is hot hot hot

>

> i hit up this dude Toledo Riot to pick his brain on them, he is super

> helpful and wicked friendly. iv actually got a few more questions on the

> engine before i dig into that. focusing on getting everything else

> dialed first, glhf!

Awesome! Definitely share some pics and good luck!

I got the black and red one if interested

> B Shaw Wrote:

> I got the black and red one if interested

Might be. Please post or PM me any pics / info you have

g1.jpg

got this mild mlm pipe from my buddy at https://pikepowdercoating.com/ in Boston, gunna cut and weld it to the stock header, swapped bars for some GT bmx bars, waiting on new Domino controls.

g2.jpg

my girlfriend got me the sick lambo mag for christmas, and razze 7 rear. did sealed bearings front and back, with a 44t rear sprocket for acceleration on the track. ill switch it back down to a 30t when racing season is over.

g3.jpg

currently im working in the wood shop with my grandfather on remaking the rear trunk. these things have so much hidden storage! the seat flips up and there is 2 spaces on the sides, one above the rear fender, two huge wells where the side covers connect to the middle, and more under the rear trunk (we are hollowing our wooden one out, possibly with a latch, or maybe just accessible from under the seat for security reasons). if you have nice roll bags for your tools (to eliminate vibrations) these compartments are enough to carry most of all your tools leaving that backpack nice and empty for snacks and surprises!

im strongly considering putting a Polini CP 15mm on it, rather then the 14.12 sha (max size allowed for stock class); but im also trying to fund a pretty pricey Piaggio Grande build for variated class too. there is actually something to be said about smaller carb ratios, diminishing throttle delay and helping acceleration on stock/mild port setups.

ill post here results from the rear trunk, i want to keep it made out of wood, but will consider using it as a mold for fiber-glassing. if i do that, or yours ends up missing or broken af like mine... ill gladly ship you one, depending if it comes out worthy enough ;)

bump, gl man

MonzaGT.jpg

The gold with 5 stars came out in 85 not 86.

I should know

> Tri-ped Dave Wrote:

> The gold with 5 stars came out in 85 not 86.

>

> I should know

Man Dave that is incredible! Would love to own something like that one day

Bump

Bump

The search continues

I will keep the SETI program running in background for you. If I find anything I will let you know. You do know that these look way faster than they really are. Intake is restricted. Moby shorty swaps out nicely. Good luck!

Yeah, very little upgrade path. It's it's own special engine...vip engine will swap in tho.

I got mine doing an honest 38mph with just Moby shorty intake, 15/15, drop 4 teeth on rear sprocket, and judicious enlarging of baffle holes. Not terrible and stock appearance

> Tri-ped Dave Wrote:

> I will keep the SETI program running in background for you. If I find

> anything I will let you know. You do know that these look way faster

> than they really are. Intake is restricted. Moby shorty swaps out

> nicely. Good luck!

Search for extraterrestrial intelligence? Haha, thanks Dave. If you ever want to part with yours I'm opening to discussing a price that's worth your while.

Ttt

Up

Ttt

Fuck Dave! You dropped the man's unicorn right in his face. That's a Really sweet looking bike. I had never see one.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account