CL moped

sho is purdy.....241 miles....if thing sells, i'll be selling all mine off this spring for sure.

ScreenShot2020-02-04at1.24.20AM.jpg

Re: CL moped

Nice moped, but 1500? Whew!

Re: CL moped

kevin smellaflange /

that's what old tried & true costs these days.

Re: CL moped

Damn, asking $1500 for the lowest of the range? Maxi n' s are cool but jeeze.

Re: CL moped

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

That’s a standard Maxi. Note the rear shocks.(edited)

Re: CL moped

Dirty30 Dillon /

$1500 for a well-preserved stock moped is not unreasonable.

Everyone is so quick to recall "I bought all 6 of my maxis for less than $150/each," and then don't understand why the price has gone up.

If you buy a lot of the limited stock of something, the remaining stock increases in value as it becomes harder to find. Add into that the expanding customer base and recognition, and there ya go. $1500 moped

Re: CL moped

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Looks to be all original and in really nice shape with documents. If it looks as good in person as it does in the photo than $1500 isn't insane. Maybe for most if us it's way too high, but if I grew up in the 70's and wanted to relive my youth and had that exact moped, I could see myself paying that.

Re: CL moped

Yeah, nostalgia does cost us,doesn't it? You can buy 4 or 5 decent mopeds in Ohio for that.

Re: CL moped

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> $1500 for a well-preserved stock moped is not unreasonable.

>

> Everyone is so quick to recall "I bought all 6 of my maxis for less than

> $150/each," and then don't understand why the price has gone up.

>

> If you buy a lot of the limited stock of something, the remaining stock

> increases in value as it becomes harder to find. Add into that the

> expanding customer base and recognition, and there ya go. $1500 moped

It’s a fucking moped, they were never meant to be collectible! $1500 is stupid no matter what condition.

We are puting values on stuff that actually has no to lil value. Humans are insane!(edited)

Re: CL moped

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> they were never meant to be collectible!

Neither were rocks, and yet here we are paying $1500/ounce for gold.

Mopeds are vintage, and they are collectable. And as has been said, just because you would'n't pay that doesn't mean it isn't worth that much to someone.

Do you think I am EVER paying $1500 for a Maxi? No, because they hold no value for me. $1500 for a Revo? I might bite.

Re: CL moped

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Rocco Taco Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > they were never meant to be collectible!

>

> Neither were rocks, and yet here we are paying $1500/ounce for gold.

>

> Mopeds are vintage, and they are collectable. And as has been said, just

> because you would'n't pay that doesn't mean it isn't worth that much to

> someone.

>

> Do you think I am EVER paying $1500 for a Maxi? No, because they hold no

> value for me. $1500 for a Revo? I might bite.

Dude stop say they are collectable or everyone will start think they are and also start thinking they are worth $1500. You as a moped enthusiast should do everything you can to make the general public think mopeds suck and are the worst investment ever!

Re: CL moped

This is a hard one, I would never in a million yrs pay that, but I can see where someone would, $1,500 is the $499.99 of 40 yrs ago...so..yeah. Older people (myself included) have a hard time with this idea, but if you are young $1,500 does not seem that out of line. A Honda Metropolitan (new) is like $2,800....crazy to me, but that's what stuff costs.

Re: CL moped

Shit, bicycles cost in the thousands today, at least with this you get an engine! ;)

Re: CL moped

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Rocco Taco Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > they were never meant to be collectible!

>

> >

>

> > Neither were rocks, and yet here we are paying $1500/ounce for gold.

>

> >

>

> > Mopeds are vintage, and they are collectable. And as has been said,

> just

>

> > because you would'n't pay that doesn't mean it isn't worth that much

> to

>

> > someone.

>

> >

>

> > Do you think I am EVER paying $1500 for a Maxi? No, because they hold

> no

>

> > value for me. $1500 for a Revo? I might bite.

>

> Dude stop say they are collectable or everyone will start think they are

> and also start thinking they are worth $1500. You as a moped enthusiast

> should do everything you can to make the general public think mopeds

> suck and are the worst investment ever!

Whether you say it or not, they are.

I am a moped enthusiast, but I also repair and sell bikes here in the city. I can be honest with a new rider, but people with money have demand and I have supply.

Re: CL moped

I'm just gonna leave this here...

Capture.PNG

Re: CL moped

toco cats out the bag dawg.....a tsm popped up in c-bus for 1K today. i'm sure its the one i tried to intercept at $300 asking price, five years ago, flipper beat me to it.....the guy selling the maxi is a flipper too. when i grow up i want to be a flipper, and make thousands of dollars on mopeds.....sucker born every second......

Re: CL moped

its a busy moped day around here. a $100 crusty af pacer m01 finally sold after a couple days on cl.....knew it was going to sell it'll be back on cl for a thousand or in the scrapyard.....a guy i used to work with stopped by today. actually woke me up knocking on my door. he showed me a pic of a nice m56 st....not sure if he was trying to sell, or just wanted to get my take on it.....i told him nobody wants them f'n things, and i wouldn't take it if it was free, because ive got 2 runners i wished i had never bought......so toco you need a trip to ohio.....they give them away here dude, and the ones priced all crazy sit for sale for years.

Re: CL moped

> ID OD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> its a busy moped day around here. a $100 crusty af pacer m01 finally

> sold after a couple days on cl.....knew it was going to sell it'll be

> back on cl for a thousand or in the scrapyard.....a guy i used to work

> with stopped by today. actually woke me up knocking on my door. he

> showed me a pic of a nice m56 st....not sure if he was trying to sell,

> or just wanted to get my take on it.....i told him nobody wants them f'n

> things, and i wouldn't take it if it was free, because ive got 2 runners

> i wished i had never bought......so toco you need a trip to

> ohio.....they give them away here dude, and the ones priced all crazy

> sit for sale for years.

Nono I’m completely agree with you! Come to Massachusetts they give away here too! I built a dirt bike maxi with a free Puch Maxi I picked up! :)

I guess anything can be collectable but less not let that happen to mopeds! Get out ride your moped, brake it, fix it and do it all over again and do not have any regrets about ruining a perfectly good moped :) fuck yea

Re: CL moped

Yeah I diddnt even look apparently.lol my n had those grey side covers so I just assumed without looking any closer. I'm a dumdum

Re: CL moped

ScreenShot2020-02-06at3.23.59PM.jpg

letgo $300 should have been mine....it was that scenario.."i've got a guy coming to look at it. you're next in line. i'll call you back if he dont want it" . ugh....the sad part, it was missing exhaust, however i knew where a nos exhaust was at that time. the person that got it. rigged a moby exhaust to ride it, and it was back on cl looking goofy with a whopper jawed peanut pipe attached, for like $1800 years ago. now its back still totally out of my allowance for a moped.....maybe someone will think the price is worthy some love...it needs it.

Re: CL moped

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah, nostalgia does cost us,doesn't it? You can buy 4 or 5 decent

> mopeds in Ohio for that.

Don has a point. After all I got my mintish Maxi Luxe here in Ohio with only 27 miles on the speedo for only $400(edited)

Re: CL moped

> ID OD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> >

> letgo $300 should have been mine....it was that scenario.."i've got a

> guy coming to look at it. you're next in line. i'll call you back if he

> dont want it" . ugh....the sad part, it was missing exhaust, however i

> knew where a nos exhaust was at that time. the person that got it.

> rigged a moby exhaust to ride it, and it was back on cl looking goofy

> with a whopper jawed peanut pipe attached, for like $1800 years ago. now

> its back still totally out of my allowance for a moped.....maybe someone

> will think the price is worthy some love...it needs it.

That is prob the only moped worth a grand in my opinion.....so hard to find. Especially stock and complete. Maybe offer to trade the guy a couple of yours for it? If you still know where that exhaust is I would grab it up, just to have or to sell here..

Re: CL moped

I wonder what my Carabela Carrera with 15 original miles on it would be worth if a Maxi is $1500. The thing is also a time capsule looks and runs showroom.

Re: CL moped

> Thomas Peffer Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Yeah, nostalgia does cost us,doesn't it? You can buy 4 or 5 decent

>

> > mopeds in Ohio for that.

>

> Don has a point. After all I got my mintish Maxi Luxe here in Ohio with

> only 27 miles on the speedo for only $400

What a deal! Rare to find one with 27 miles.

Re: CL moped

A $550 moped bought in 1979 and adjusted for inflation would cost over $1900 today. That we find ones for $125 that we can get running in a couple of hours is incredible. And even if we sink another $300 into it to fix everything, we are still ahead.

If you want a particular moped bad enough, you might pay any price. Didn't someone here buy a Magnum Limited for $2000 last year? And if the owner kits that bike, there's another few hundred...

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account