Wanted: Piaggio / Vespa Grande, good working condition

Either near DC or with option to ship. Please post pix and videos .

This pic is an example only.

grande.jpg

Re: Wanted: Piaggio / Vespa Grande, good working condition

ELLAK MOLNAR /

I have 3 Grandes Totally Restored. Two are Red and one Silver. I'm currently restoring a 4th bike also Silver in color. All totally restored and turn key condition! What is the price range you are looking to spend?

ELLAK MOLNAR /

ELLAK MOLNAR /

Grandes, I also have pictures of the 4th grande currently under restoration. I can also upload those if you are interested?

ELLAK MOLNAR /

If you notice on the Silver bike, The steering column Key lock is removed in the picture. It has since been replaced with a new lock fro Vespa Italy, along with new Key, Rivet and Key Cover since this picture was taken. All internal parts on all bikes have been restored, upgraded and rebuilt. All four Bikes have been Totally Restored NUT & BOLT! New Rear Gears, Rebuilt Front and Rear Variators, New Rear Clutch and Assembly, New Tires, New Cam Bearings, New electrical, New 13.3 carb with High Flow filter, New Engine, New Internal & External Coils, New Points, New Cam shaft, New Cam Bearings, New 64cc-43mm Piston, New Piston Body and Piston Head. New recondition Factort Exhaust, New rebuilt Factory Petcock, New Bullet Headlight , Rear 12 Pack Rack, New Factory Original Grips, Newly Rebuilt OEM Throttle, All New EBC Front & Rear Brakes with New Hardware and Springs, New Rear Shocks, All New Factory Decals, All new Bolts and Washers on Every part of Bike, New Chain, Reconditioned Subframe, New Pedal Arms, New Factory Vespa Pedals, Seats are "Original" with Oil cup and Plastic tool box holder still under seat! If there is anything I missed being listed on these bikes? You can bet it was replaced with a New or rebuilt part!

Grande are still one of my favorite mopeds.

Nice! PMed you.

Buy that sweet gileria from dos. It's the Euro version. Free shippin!

https://www.doscycles.com/collections/complete-bikes/products/gilera-cba?variant=29425682153574

ELLAK MOLNAR /

Unfortunately, these Bikes are "NOT" cheap. I Am a Retired Navy Aircraft Mechanic And I have owned and restored Only Vespa Grande Bikes for the past 40 years. I purchased these four particular bikes over the past 4 years. Each Bike I purchased ranged between $300-600 Dollars when I bought them. However, they all needed to be Restored. Each Bike used and average of "NO" less than $900.00 each just in Parts Plus the original cost of the Bike. Not to mention the weeks and at times, Months for Restoration to be completed. "NOT" Including Price for my time. I Would need "NO" less than $1800.00 each for any one of the four bikes I currently have. Fourth Bike Will be Completed in approx 3 more weeks. Still waiting on Parts and then assembly. I know it sounds like a lot of money and you can Certainly find other Less expensive Vespa Grandes For sale all the time. However, I "Guarantee" None of the Vespa Grande Bikes Would be as new or in the condition as these Restored Bikes I have. If you are looking for Just something to ride any not care if they get Damaged or Stolen? These Bikes I'm Selling are Probably not the Bikes you want. However, If you are looking for a Totally Restored Like New Vintage Vespa Grande Bike That you can ride and Not Have dump any money into and have the Nicest Vespa around? Then any one of these Bikes are the ones you want. I advice you to first look around at any Grande currently for sale, Look closely at them and you will notice they need work! Most of which you can't see from pictures. I assure you, None Will be rebuilt, Restored or look anything like the Bikes I offer. Example, The New Bullet style headlight on these Bikes were Purchased New from Italy at a cost of $300.00 each just for the Headlight! I only replace and Restore my Bikes with the best parts I get my Hands on. Parts on these 40 year old Bikes are getting harder to find. As of late, I find more often than not Purchasing used parts and Meticulously Reconditioning each part to like new condition when New parts become Impossible to purchase. All time consuming but Nothing you have to worry about since all the work is already done. These bikes are 40 years old and will now last another 40 years if properly cared for. Last, Vintage Vespa only go up in price each year! I truly appreciate your interest and love for the Vespa Grande such as I do. Thank you for responding. If these Bikes are not for you? Don't give up in your search for a grande. You will find the right one and fall in love with it just like I did 40 years ago.

ellak

those are the best Grandes i have seen.

better than new.

don*t care much for the windscreens but i do love

the package racks

ELLAK MOLNAR /

Thank you Very Much Leo.

Dirty30 Dillon /

If you're paying $300 for a CEV headlight, I might have some some beans you'd be interested in.

Nice looking vespas Ellak! I just finished up a 1980 Grande Deluxe, motor has been upgraded to a 65cc kit, new cut crank, and circuit pipe. I rewired the ignition and installed a 6v battery. Everything works including the charging system!

D4D1114C-CDAA-49A6-8524-13B7D5F64BED.jpeg
4BB62BE6-1B17-49CA-8876-01095867984B.jpeg

Beautiful, Greg. Are you selling that one?

ELLAK MOLNAR /

A New Bullet Style Chrome Headlight With integrated Speedo Is $300.00 New All day long! If you can find it Cheaper? Show me and I'll buy them! I have been doing this for 40 years Brother.

ELLAK MOLNAR /

Dirty Dillon,

A New Bullet Style Chrome Headlight With integrated Speedo and extended Chrome Visor attachment Is $300.00 All day long! If you can find it Cheaper? Show me and I'll buy them! I have been doing this for 40 years Brother. (edited)

ELLAK MOLNAR /

Greg,

Beautiful Bike and Beautiful Job! I see you have attention to detail when working on your bike. Not too many Vespa look this good anymore. I like your work.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> ELLAK MOLNAR Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Dirty Dillon,

>

> A New Bullet Style Chrome Headlight With integrated Speedo Is $300.00

> New All day long! If you can find it Cheaper? Show me and I'll buy them!

> I have been doing this for 40 years Brother.

I never said I had a source for cheap brand new CEV headlights, I said that spending $300 on what equates to a PAR38 bulb is ridiculous. There are so many great used and new aftermarket that are 1/10 of that cost.

ELLAK MOLNAR /

I'm not paying for a bulb? But even a After Market Chrome Bullet style Headlight Assembly With a Integrated Speedo and extended Chrome visor is available for 1/10 the cost, Show me? With this information you are providing you must have some facts somewhere?

ELLAK MOLNAR /

I'm not paying for a bulb? But even a After Market Chrome Bullet style Headlight Assembly With a Integrated Speedo and extended Chrome visor is available for 1/10 the cost, Show me? With this information you are providing you must have some facts somewhere? 1/10th of $300.00 is $30.00. Evan a new Piece of shit standard Bucket Headlight Non-Crome is more than $30.00. New.

> ELLAK MOLNAR Wrote:

> I'm not paying for a bulb? But even a After Market Chrome Bullet style

> Headlight Assembly With a Integrated Speedo and extended Chrome visor is

> available for 1/10 the cost, Show me? With this information you are

> providing you must have some facts somewhere? 1/10th of $300.00 is

> $30.00. Evan a new Piece of shit standard Bucket Headlight Non-Crome is

> more than $30.00. New.

I think the point being made is you don't have to spend $300 on a headlight (which is absolutely ludicrous to me) when you could get one in good shape for maybe $50 from the buy/sell forum. I can guarantee you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between NOS and a used one someone had sitting on a bike that hasn't left the garage in 30 years. You have extremely nice bikes for sure, but I don't know if someone is willing to pay an extra $1000 when they could get a running Grande in really good shape for $800. I have had rarer, nicer small displacement motorcycles that I've sold for less in Ohio. The market just isn't there.

Dirty30 Dillon /

https://www.treatland.tv/vintage-cev-style-bullet-headlight-CHROME-p/guia-chrome-bullet-headlight.htm

That'll do the job just fine. Also, you can buy any manner of Euro-style Vespa headlights with all this gear as well.

You're obviously a stickler for an original equipment restoration and that is totally fine. That level of authenticity is typically only important to collectors. Someone who wants a Grande to ride around isn't going to care whether the headlight is the exact model/make of the one that came on the bike originally, they only care that it works.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> The market just isn't there.

ELLAK MOLNAR /

I'm not aware of anyone asking you to pay for anything? I certainly didn't. Buy or Pay for whatever makes you happy and comfortable. I Restore Grandes back to original condition. It's my Hobby and I enjoy it. I agree A Grande can be found in good running condition for $800.00. However, Good Running is Not only what interests me or what I do with my Bikes. I choose Total restoration to as Close as New as Possible, Than maintain them that way for my Family and my Children. I pass on My Childhood times when My Father purchased my first Grande in 1980. We had good times until he passed away. Now, I pass those memories and same Bikes down to my Children and they to theirs. Buy and do what makes you happy. Your dreams, Goals and financial decisions are not necessarily the same others. I'm a Retired Navy Aircraft Mechanic and enjoy Restoring Grande Bikes. But Thanks for your input.

ELLAK MOLNAR /

Obviously! Pretty Sure 99.99% of anyone here already knew that. What exactly made you feel the Obvious needed to pointed out?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account