1984 areo 125

Thomas Dodson /

Found have no clue what I have fair condition

Starter locked ??

3C4BBA14-F4DF-4887-BE78-63E2EF2AC015.jpeg
DDF7251A-F552-46CA-9038-24FACEEAE94D.jpeg

Re: 1984 areo 125

Pushrod Fifty /

Sought after scoot because its a 2 stroke, but sounds like the engine may be locked due to sitting, with only 732 miles on it. Maybe it's worth 200.00 or less to a real Aero lover.

Hey I have one of those, Just started trying to get it going. all those aeros apparently have a wierd wax thing in the carb that goes bad. It melts and adjusts with temp.. something like that. I am going to try to take the oil injector off and get a new carb. Some other scooter ppl say dont take oil injector off because it will seize but they dont say why. ..

> moped mo Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hey I have one of those, Just started trying to get it going. all those

> aeros apparently have a wierd wax thing in the carb that goes bad. It

> melts and adjusts with temp.. something like that. I am going to try to

> take the oil injector off and get a new carb. Some other scooter ppl say

> dont take oil injector off because it will seize but they dont say why.

> ..

Because it lubes the crank directly

I would offer around 200.00, a bit more if titled, this is legally a motorcycle just so you know. Parts are expensive and on the rare side, though not impossible to find.

I'll buy it if you're interested

>

> > dont take oil injector off because it will seize but they dont say

> why.

>

> > ..

>

> Because it lubes the crank directly

I get that but what about in principle.. Don't we take off our oil injection on mopeds? Don't they run fine? Why will this scooter seize and mopeds wont? I am not convinced that it will seize.. If I had to guess why I would say because it's 125cc and perhaps the ratios go off at those rpms.. IDK.. I still don't understand. Appreciate the response..

Pushrod Fifty /

It was designed around an oil injection system to lube the bearings. Premix may not be enough to lubricate them adequately due to the crankcase design. Early bikes that were designed for premix that the manufacturer upgraded to oil inject are fine for premix.

That makes sense, actually I think the guy said his developed leaks first too. Well, I guess I am going to put it back in then. thanks good luck with sale.

Honda knows what they are doing, don't deviate! :)

Pushrod Fifty /

Anything Honda is fixable, but those wax choke things may be a challenge. Replace the hoses and bleed it. Use premix until you are sure its fully pumping.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Electric chokes are actually called Bystarters and are very simple to replace. I’ve replaced bystarters in under 5 minutes. It’s taking off all the Tupperware that can be frustrating and time consuming.

Pushrod Fifty /

Is that the same as a wax controlled choke that moped no referred to? I had a Yamaha outboard that had a wax piece that melted when the engine warmed up, allowing the choke to open but wasn't electric. Couldn't fix it after multi tries.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Not sure if bystarters have wax inside. The Bystarter is “activated” when you turn the key to “ON”. I have the identical bike.

my buddy has one with a vm24 on it here in MD. he's chasing $900, it's turn key and rips

dm for his number... no title, it's gold and HAS THE SIDE PANELS - for those that know, know they're near gold to have hahaha

Pushrod Fifty /

Would be a cool scoot to have, I would like to get an Aero 50 if one comes up.

Is this for sale?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

If you’re looking for a nice, titled, road ready Aero 125, I’ve got one for $950. Needs nothing. PM me if interested. I’m in northwest NJ.

> Rob Policastro Wrote:

> Is this for sale?

He running premix? Or oil injection?

He running premix, or oil injection?

> Chris Szuba Wrote:

> my buddy has one with a vm24 on it here in MD. he's chasing $900, it's

> turn key and rips

>

> dm for his number... no title, it's gold and HAS THE SIDE PANELS - for

> those that know, know they're near gold to have hahaha

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account