WTB magnum tank...or other top tank

Mine is pretty crusty and the cost for some good cleaner and lining system is quite a bit along with all the work and chemicals involved. Maybe you have one that doesnt need so much work I can get. Let me know. Maybe it isnt a magnum tank that you have? Its gotta fit the frame tho. Thanks for looking!

15877842560365325681815203990200.jpg

Re: WTB magnum tank...or other top tank

Jeremy Homser /

Just fill it with 2 gallons of apple cider vinegar from the dollar store for a day or two and then make sure to keep the tank filled with premix after to keep it from rusting again

That looks salvageable. Evaporust for a few days and an alcohol bath after rinse.

Pushrod Fifty /

Ive had worse. Vinegar to the brim and rinse with some driveway stones inside, they scrub the loose rust right off.

Fuck vinegar, evaporust for the win! Vinegar eats away at the metal and evaporust dose not, also works 10x better!

Thanks for the ideas. This was after 2 days with a 2:1 mix of pinesol and water. I was trying to avoid the hard chemicals like evapo rust and kreem type systems. I will just try out some stones to knock things loose. Would ball bearings work well enough too?

Sorry I meant metal rescue! This is my go to for rusty tanks, it’s also safe to get on your skin and it’s cool to dump anywhere. I can usually clean out 3-4 tanks with one batch, just save it till the next inevitable rusty tank you come across. https://www.treatland.tv/metal-rescue-rust-remover-MINI-jug-14-oz-SUPER-p/metal-rescue-mini-jug-14oz.htm

Thanks again for all the helpful answers and ideas! I will definitely try out the metal rescue.

Unfortunately disaster has struck and I have discovered a small hole on the tank. So it looks like i am grabbing an aftermarket tank for this build. Since it is not a stock restoration i am ok with using something more custom anyway.

Again i thank you all!

15878500868605407948953240821130.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account