Yama hopper QT50 yes or no?

Jack MT Goatheads MPC /

Looking at a “ran a week ago” qt50 wondering what to look for/ things to talk him down on price. Assuming the oil injection clogged the carb or went to shit and it seized. Wants 450. Plan to talk him down plus he knows nothing about working on it. Not that I do either! Only worked on Tomos so what do I need to know guys that isn’t in the wiki?

Thoughts?

Thanks y’all!

FA2E835D-BE23-462B-8AFF-5DE5A75358FA.jpeg

Re: Yama hopper QT50 yes or no?

If you've only worked on tomos you'll have an easy time with the qt no matter how much it needs. The Yamaha's are much better build quality overall. If it needs a top end, those yt60 kits on amazon/ebay are decent quality and very cheap.

Price seems high to me, but I've never bought one for more than $50.

That one looks like it's never been stored outside so you probably won't have many problems with it.

Jack MT Goatheads MPC /

Thanks yea they sound like pretty sweet bombproof bikes I mean it is Japanese after all. Appreciate the insight and yes he’s pretty high on the price. Not too many mopeds for sale in Montana so people are awfully proud of them and out of the loop when they’re selling.

Also realized I posted this in buy sell by accident because I’m an idiot. Technically buying right?

> Cameron Cate Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If you've only worked on tomos you'll have an easy time with the qt no

> matter how much it needs. The Yamaha's are much better build quality

> overall. If it needs a top end, those yt60 kits on amazon/ebay are

> decent quality and very cheap.

>

> Price seems high to me, but I've never bought one for more than $50.

>

> That one looks like it's never been stored outside so you probably won't

> have many problems with it.

Yellow is a rare color and worth a little more than common blue or red. Looks like one side cover is missing, can't tell if batt box and batt cover are there. Plastics are hard to find when missing. Check the choke cable- also very hard to find and NLA from Yamaha. Engine parts like the guys say are easy to find and cheap if you stay stock. They are dependable bikes when set up properly and you'll like the shaft drive. 2 of mine have over 4000 miles each.

One more thing- check the inside of the gas tank- they don't like gas being left in them since they are metal.

Pushrod Fifty /

Ask if you can pull the spark plug out and look at it, that will be the best indicator of how the bike was running.

Look closely at the tires for cracking and dry rot, a set of tires and tubes with shipping can be about $80.00.

Look for signs of bad wrenching on it, rounded out bolt heads, taped on parts, parts that arent assembled correctly- like the headlight, its not mounted in the housing correctly.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

In ohio that is no deemed a moped and therefore requires a title. Would it require a title in your state? Does he have a good transferable title?

Regardless, $450 for a non runner is high. $200-$300 is more in the ball park.

I think If the battery is dead you won’t be able to start it. You can delete the battery later. Offer 350?

They will start with no battery but the bulbs will blow as soon as you rev the engine. The battery is only there to act as a voltage regulator.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account