Looking for Foot Rests for JC Penny Pinto

Hey MA!

I'm looking for a matching set of foot rest for my '78 JC Penny Pinto. Anyone have intel or know where I can find some? Hope everyone is doing well and staying sane out there.

-R

Re: Looking for Foot Rests for JC Penny Pinto

Jeremy Homser /

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

You can both of them new at treats.

Puchs had side covers, if you put your feet on them your gonna crack the hell out of them. Or worse, wipe out when a pedal catches the ground in a turn.

But yeah, Magnum or free spirit covers fit your bike.

Great to know. Thanks for the advice!

Be sure you get them for a E50 not a ZA50, they are different.

And I do not think that the magnum and free spirit ones would work for your pinto. They are different sized frames. I have a set of not nice magnum ones if you want for free(pay shipping) to see if they actually work and you could buy nicer ones... but I'm sure you should be able to find some pinto specific ones.

Hey Jay! That would be awesome. After looking at some photos of the magnum and free spirit they look very similar to the ones I was looking for. Maybe I can do some modification if needed. How much would shipping be? And do you have a photo perhaps? Thanks! Feel free to PM me.

Magnum, Free Spirit and Murray side covers will fit your Pinto although you might need to cut them a bit for petcock and fuel line clearance. ZA covers have cut outs on the right side covers due to the larger tranny case. They're all interchangeable with some modifications.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account