Wtb Vespa variated clutch nut

The big ol 24mm nut. The one that treats has doesn't fit :(

Re: Wtb Vespa variated clutch nut

Dirty30 Dillon /

I used the treats ones multiple times, no problems.

Darn, might be a bad batch or something. Thread is for sure slightly different on the last one I got.

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

> Jose Castanon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Darn, might be a bad batch or something. Thread is for sure slightly

> different on the last one I got.

Check your crank threads :/// Some of my Vespa cranks have ever so slightly damaged threads and it makes getting that brand new treats nut on a bitch and a half. After lots of trying, I can usually get it on though. But yeah, sometimes my old worn nut works better on it. The treats ones are definitely the right threading, it's more likely your old crank is the culprit.

+1 on the threads on the crank, not uncommon for these to be abused in some way.

Don't wanna turn this into a repair thread. Treats nut vs crank thread. Nut thread spacing is WIDE. Who's holding a nuuuuuut

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200523141132792_COVER.jpg

Whoops

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200523141152704_COVER.jpg

I kind of figured responders were thinking crank nut, not clutch nut.

Yeah, those do not match.

^^^everyone here is right, buggered threads,

just needs some lovin, take a wire wheel on a drill and clean those threads out and all those metal shavins. blast with air and start filing a taper, cleaning up threads on both the variator and the "new" buggered nut. if your really wondering if the threads match get a metric bolt and hold the treads to the variator treads, if they match up do the same on the nut and see for yourself.

Bump

I don't wanna have to buy the 40 dollar eBay nut :(

still not the right nut, bump..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

All the cleaning and scraping of threads is not going to make that nut fit on those threads. Joe's not crazy. the two don't match.

Here is a M24 nut with fine threads that will work for you. Its off a Peugeot veriator but I believe the two are the same.

Message me your shipping address.

001.JPG
002.JPG

I had it stuck in my mind that he was talking about the front vario.

I do have the nut you are looking for if you still need it let me know.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account