Re: FS: Magnum LTD #222 -Detroit

this thread rules

Dave your out of your element on this one because it’s not stock. People who want this type of moped usually want to go faster than 30 mph since a 30mph mopeds are not very useful if you actually want to use it as a source of transportation. If someone wanted the value of their moby 7 or sears free spirit I’m sure you and I would not be too far off on a price for em. This is simply not the case for this particular moped. Way to go on selling 1600 mopeds, very impressive. I’m impressed! How many of those mopeds did over 60mph and were ready to go? How many were limited’s?

Almost all of my mopeds are not stock. I am the keeper of the sleeper. They may look stock, but ask around. As far as Limiteds go, there were 500 made. It was a well thought out marketing ploy to increase floundering sales. By 1981 the oil prices came down and moped sales followed. The smart folks at Daimler marketing came up with this. The majority of my mopeds are actually rarer than LTDs. A few are sole survivors. some had a run of 50 total units. I have a , C2, M04, M101, D50R 502 and so many more. I owned a Limited years ago. I traded it for a rarer ped.

I got a documented 55mph out of a 14.12 Dellorto equipped Tomos with 30 witnesses. You can throw money at mopeds to get speed, or you can throw experience and knowledge. And yes I have built many 60mph peds. it is not that hard, and you do not need a VM20. I got 60 with a SHA15

Neat! So how many 60mph limiteds have you sold out of that impressive 1600 of total bikes? Just curious

If I owned that Limited and needed to get $3500 for it, I would be smart about it. I was just giving him some insight as to what has worked for me many many times in the past. Marketing 101 know your customer

The Limited I had was collector quality stock with 76 miles on it. I have to look back in my dusty archives to find the number, but that was in the 1990s. I only have sold about 10 60mph peds because I am perfectly satisfied with 50mph, and don't overbuild because mine last for years and years. I don't need to prove anything by going way beyond the limits any more. My racing days are over. I was a member of Team Suzuki in 1969

Very cool Dave! I have 2 t500’S you probably rode brand new when they came out. Listen I know you built some sweet bikes not arguing that. But a 60mph tomos is not valued the same as a 60+ mph case inducted stroked limited, not even in the same class. This is everything to can do to Arguably the most sought after puch moped. There was 500 Maybe 1000 ever made if You factor in they might of done a second run.

It’s not the same as a tomos plain and simple. (edited)

Rare bike and built ballz to the wall.

Wish I had sum cash!

GLWS

I almost had a running condition Magnum (nowhere near this nice) for $800. Someone beat me to it because I was stuck at work. Still pissed about missing that purchase. Good luck with your sale! I'm Gen X and its out of my price range....LOL

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

> ck 🌧🌧🌧 Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> this thread rules

> Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang Wrote:

> > ck 🌧🌧🌧 Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > this thread rules

Ill triple down on that

Michael Hartgers /

I’m here for the drama and paint code.

> Michael Hartgers Wrote:

> I’m here for the drama and paint code.

Sollldddddddd

Congrats! How much did you end up getting for it?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account