WTB Puch Maxi Rear Luggage Rack

Looking for this specific rear luggage rack that mounts to the upper shocks mounts (see photo below). The other options don't clear my current seat situation.

Please shoot me price including shipping to Charleston, SC if you have one. Thanks in advance homies!

IMG_20120728_125702.jpg

Re: WTB Puch Maxi Rear Luggage Rack

Shipping on these is sooooo much. I was quoted $58 just for shipping. You cant break them down any smaller so the box is big.

Hot damn, that's crazy! I setup a corporate shipping account through work and was able to ship a 24"x24"x24" box weighing 58 lbs from San Diego to Charleston. I bet that would help a ton. Something local would definitely be best then!

Overpriced Parts /

That’s a LS Specific rack, is that the model bike you have?

No, I was planning to strap it on my 76 Newport Maxi. Do you know if it will still fit? Even if it required modding I'd still figure out a way to make it happen.

Newport.jpg

It will probably fit with that slammed seat. It mounts flush to the two top fender holes too FYI. But it is one of the least common racks so might not be easy to source

Good deal, thanks Mike!

Im open to other options too, its just so cramped back there between the shopped rear fender, superman light and slammed seat. Need somewhere to mount a pelican case to hold a small battery for accessory lights, paperwork, spare plugs, etc..

They are on mkii sport maxi's too. Love those racks cuz of the little handle on top. Like a magnum or garelli ssxl.

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> They are on mkii sport maxi's too. Love those racks cuz of the little

> handle on top. Like a magnum or garelli ssxl.

These are slightly different than the sport racks, in that the sport racks mount to the top bolt of the seat post as well and these do not. Hence the clearance for slammed seats

Even on the long seats? It has been a while since I had the mkii sport maxi's. I will take your word on it. Ha!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account