wanted, magnum za50 starter cable with protective plastic cap

Re: wanted, magnum za50 starter cable with protective plastic cap

Overpriced Parts /

Which style cable end screw on or solder carp type end? which size cap long or short?

its for a 79 magnum mk2 with the standard za50 engine.

Hit up shawn at Myron mopeds. Bet he has some for ya.

I got this nifty 3d printed one I made. 5 bucks shipped

IMG_20200730_130956.jpg

It's petg, too by the way, it's good stuff.

How many of those did you make Graham? I'm down for a more robust cap and I'm gonna need at least 2 for upcoming projects

Ah I only made the one before my basement flooded and wrecked my printer but since a few people have contacted me now I will print a bunch off as soon as I get it fixed. This is a good kick in the ass for me to work on it haha.

Found the problem

IMG_20200730_224043.jpg

Got them running!

IMG_20200731_004000.jpg

We'll see how they look in the morning, took a little screwing around but I think I got the settings dialed in, can print a bunch if anyone else needs them

I forgot they take a bit of time to clean up, so I'll have to ask $8 shipped or 2/ $15 (ouch, right)

IMG_20200731_083001.jpg

Normally I'm all about open source and would love to put the files up for these for free but #1) I've got a lot of time into getting the design right, #2) it's harder than it looks to get a good print and I've done some testing to get the petg to fuse and make a strong part, so it's not exactly a 'download, print, play' kinda deal. #3) it takes some time to do the finishing and clean up on the parts to make them Perfecto, so I think 8 bucks is pretty fair.

Sign me up!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account