$2500 Vespa lower price now

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/581608495858437/

This lady is crazy. Informed her if she lowered it to half she might sell it. Told me she could care less if she sells it so I responded

Re: $2500 Vespa lower price now

Dirty30 Dillon /

Ok

My pics didn’t load lol

Here is her response

AF896068-3541-4466-A267-A18DE953A8B6.png
E5B77EE2-1395-4D4C-8DAB-B7616649F119.png

Probably Fred /

I don’t care what anybody says, all cars, boats, motorbikes, houses, Vintage guitars musical equipment, coins anything of value have a price range, These people who charge 4 times for something has got to stop posting these crazy prices

Because other people price things off of the first listing they see and then they think they got gold when they have mold!

Send her the KBB prices and link just Put in Si Model and she will see what’s in pictures and or send her the pictures too

https://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/moped/vespa/1982/

A 1982 SI is listed not 1983 but it could’ve been made in 1982

A fair price is between the trade-in price and the full blown motorcycle dealer price

789F2A90-AD4C-444B-97FF-C7A13971C7AD.jpeg
1A7056E4-669B-499B-AF76-2327E210E38F.jpeg

Dirty30 Dillon /

I understand your points, but why are you haranguing this poor woman via DM? What was the goal, to make her feel bad enough about the price so she accepts less than her requested amount?

If I had that bike in NYC, $1000 would be about the minimum I would take too. Si's are one of the rarer Vespa models in the states

Probably Fred /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I understand your points, but why are you haranguing this poor woman via

> DM? What was the goal, to make her feel bad enough about the price so

> she accepts less than her requested amount?

>

> If I had that bike in NYC, $1000 would be about the minimum I would take

> too. Si's are one of the rarer Vespa models in the states

Her ad initially says 1,000$ but when you click down on it it says 2,500 which is a Nuts price in any market

Yea my original post of her shows it at $2500 which she told me was book value. I’m not harassing her just trying to inform why it’s not selling. She told me she could care less if it sold or not but then cussed me out for saying that’s fine. People just need to understand values. For her original price of $2500 people aren’t going to pay that when the can buy a motorcycle or newer scooter. I just looked at a 125 cc motorcycle for my 15 year old that is $3400 brand new off the showroom floor

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

A few years ago, I used to “inform” or just try to educate people on CL about their bikes, not necessarily the price, but Just general misinformation in their ads. Sometimes I’d get a positive reply and sometimes I’d get the “fuck off” reply.

After a while of doing this, I finally said enough. It’s just not worth my time. If someone is stupid enough to buy an untitled, overpriced, broken down POS moped, then so be it. I’ve got better things to do with my time and knowledge.

Let it go..

Some of these people do 0 research and just price it absurdly high or absurdly low... how do you think you get a great deal on a moped? By someone pricing it too low not knowing what they have. How does someone never sell a moped? By pricing it too high not knowing what they have. If someone prices it too low are you going to tell them or are you going to buy it?

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> A few years ago, I used to “inform” or just try to educate people on CL

> about their bikes, not necessarily the price, but Just general

> misinformation in their ads. Sometimes I’d get a positive reply and

> sometimes I’d get the “fuck off” reply.

>

> After a while of doing this, I finally said enough. It’s just not worth

> my time. If someone is stupid enough to buy an untitled, overpriced,

> broken down POS moped, then so be it. I’ve got better things to do with

> my time and knowledge.

>

> Let it go..

^This is what you have to do...also, I'm sure the fact that "the people on moped forums are laughing at her" is hardly keeping her up at night, other than to creep her out, to most people these things are just lumps of metal from the past that are taking up room in the garage, they could give two shits about them other than they saw pickers and think they can make a buck off them.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Whether it's $1000 or $2500, responding her to "inform" her that her price is slightly high, is different than telling her that she's being mocked behind her back, that she'll maybe find a "sucker," and that she "really doesn't have a clue about mopeds."

You weren't messaging to help this lady sell her bike, you were admonishing and criticizing her for her high price because you felt it should be cheaper and that she didn't know what she was selling.

Why do you care how she prices her bike? Don’t let your greed for a “good deal“ affect the way you treat people.

I not a bit interested in that one, not the brand I like. In my mind I was trying to help the lady out to sell it. She told me she wasn’t interested in selling. I can’t wait till you other guys start bitching about prices in the future. Make one post and I’m the bad guy. Smh

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Big R G Wrote:

> I not a bit interested in that one, not the brand I like. In my mind I

> was trying to help the lady out to sell it. She told me she wasn’t

> interested in selling. I can’t wait till you other guys start bitching

> about prices in the future. Make one post and I’m the bad guy. Smh

I don't bitch over prices. If I can't afford it I don't buy it, and I especially don't tell them they're ignorant in an attempt to "do them a favor"

58 Buick -I think you got too personally involved in “helping” this lady. You became abusive toward her and she shot back at you. Admit you were crossing a boundary with an innocent stranger.

You call what I typed abusive? That was mild to say the least. Just a series of questions and statements that she must learn. NEver once cursed or belittled her. Like the guy above wrote I’m just going to forget about helping others or informing them. I don’t know where I would be without people helping me or informing me in the beginning

Probably Fred /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> > Big R G Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I not a bit interested in that one, not the brand I like. In my mind I

>

> > was trying to help the lady out to sell it. She told me she wasn’t

>

> > interested in selling. I can’t wait till you other guys start bitching

>

> > about prices in the future. Make one post and I’m the bad guy. Smh

>

> I don't bitch over prices. If I can't afford it I don't buy it, and I

> especially don't tell them they're ignorant in an attempt to "do them a

> favor"

Only If you and others would do a favor to these people and protest high prices these Nutcases would go away,

But Protesting turning into violence and looting is ok!

You should protest Against these greedy sellers,

Believe me they’re not ignorant, they’re greedy and they know it,

They get what they want because stupid phone in face with no skills people Will never will contribute anything in their life To this country or anybody else,

They all Live with their parents/relatives house or basement Will buy it for them,

These low life scum bags need to go to a island all by themselves.

We don’t need anybody that doesn’t want to contribute and only wants to degrade this country!

derek from black pipes moped gang 🌧 /

Why not just keep scrolling? Leave people alone the world is dumb enough as is.

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

Hahahaha I posted this exact listing on the Vespa FB page. Shit is fucking ridiculous. It's not even a Monte Carlo which would warrant more cash but still . . . . holy shit

Don’t say nothing bad about it or these guys gang up on you....

Dirty30 Dillon /

Why do you even care what this woman sells her Si for?

In my mind, it's either because:

a) you want it and the price is out of reason/budget, or

b) you're crusading to keep ped prices down in general.

Reposting this on MA and exclaiming that the price is ridiculous is one thing. Sure, $2500 is not a realistic price point for sale for that bike.

Sliding into her DM's to "educate" her is another. Actually, your reply is pretty archetypal man-splaining and discards helpfulness the minute you say: "The moped forums are laughing at you."

yeah, man

you sure told her what's what

That’s only part of the dms. It all started out civil. No I don’t want this piece of overpriced shit, there for the reason for the post. I just think it funny how long standing members can post about overpriced stuff but a new guy post something and it’s the end of the world. It’s like beating a dead horse you guys just keep commenting. Someone delete this madness

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Big R G Wrote:

> That’s only part of the dms. It all started out civil. No I don’t want

> this piece of overpriced shit, there for the reason for the post. I

> just think it funny how long standing members can post about overpriced

> stuff but a new guy post something and it’s the end of the world. It’s

> like beating a dead horse you guys just keep commenting. Someone delete

> this madness

I would have the same response if you had a logo by your name, trust me.

So why not get on these members when they steal a moped for way less than what’s its worth. Shouldn’t they have informed the seller they were to low on the price? It’s a double standard it seems like. It all started with me asking the lady the condition and went down from there. I only was rude after that to try and explain her pricing issue. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Big R G Wrote:

> So why not get on these members when they steal a moped for way less

> than what’s its worth. Shouldn’t they have informed the seller they were

> to low on the price? It’s a double standard it seems like. It all

> started with me asking the lady the condition and went down from there.

> I only was rude after that to try and explain her pricing issue.

> 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

We've been calling out bad sellers and buyers alike, and admonishing flippers since the beginning.

And I'm not bashing you for asking her questions or trying to inform her, but letting the conversation get nasty isn't kosher. It's Just Mopeds™

This whole interaction you had is one of the reasons I quit facebook like 10 years ago.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account