Honda P-50 carb?

How hard are these to come by, anyone have one? I have a line on two of these bikes, one is missing the carb, I know, I know, they are slow af, odd and not really useful, which means I love them, the motor wheel design fascinates me, they were made the same yr as I was, so yeah, the fenders are in good shape, they need battery covers, but mostly complete. I would rather not rob one to make the other run. They also have the rare (I think) front racks? Factory accessory? If the price is right I could have them as soon as tomorrow. Let me know what you know, and if you are holding parts. Thanks in advance! Oh, and if you have a service manual and or an owners manual I would love to buy it from you, or a copy.

Re: Honda P-50 carb?

Michael Domanski /

Check the Honda P50 Facebook page

Thanks, I don't have facebook, maybe time to join again, for marketplace too....but I really don't want anything to do with social media....sigh. Appreciate you taking the time to suggest though.

I have had a few, only 1 ran. It went 37mph flat ground GPS. Probably not typical top speed i would guess. Very whimsical machine but I loved it. Plastic parts are uber rare, battery covers, forget it! I did buy 1 NOS battery cover from Thailand so there is hope. Not looking to sell parts but I will help the best I can to find some

Thank you, the guy selling it said there were batt covers on ebay? Did you mod the one that went so fast, or just a fluke bike? Top speed is said to be about 25?

Michael Domanski /

My P50 is totally stock and complete and I’d be hard pressed to get 25 mph out of it .

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, I found the Thailand source for plastics, HOLY FUCK are they expensive.....the asking price for these bikes is $700, I'm thinking that is high, and one thing the seller does not know is he tried to sell these a few yrs ago for more, and still has them...lol, I'm thinking $400.00? Thoughts? I did find owners manuals and a factory service manual for reasonable prices, so, I should be able to get at least one going, titling is easy in MN.

The bike I had was most likely a fluke or possibly modded by previous owner. The clutch slipped like a bitch on take off but started grabbing once it got going. Took a block or better to get up to top speed. Total dog off the start. Pretty sure I know the pair of bikes you are talking about, $400 would be good price

Steven Bolduc /

Customer won't budge on price

^ Lovely.....sigh. Did you happen to go have a look at them?

> Harry Crank Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The bike I had was most likely a fluke or possibly modded by previous

> owner. The clutch slipped like a bitch on take off but started grabbing

> once it got going. Took a block or better to get up to top speed. Total

> dog off the start. Pretty sure I know the pair of bikes you are talking

> about, $400 would be good price

Any back-story on them or just saw the ad?

Steven Bolduc /

Went and seen them , the guy has attitude and said he won't budge, missing alot of high end plastic.

Hmmm, that's why he still has them after all this time, sux about the plastics, I saw what was missing in the ad, he has the headlight at least for the one, I would pay the price if all plastics were there...but year, batt and carb covers are outrageously expensive, but if you got one of these in good shape the bring a trailer crowd pays well for them to hang on man cave walls, I just wanted to putter around the neighborhood and show off more weird! :) I mean a titled very stock/clean/running Pinto just popped up for $650.00! :/ (edited)

Just seen the ad, for what, 2 yrs now? lol

Matthew Faucett /

I just ordered one offline for 20$ I have the factory original one but the float kept sticking , I’ll be selling my pa50 if you have any interest. It’s the one on my profile pic... idk what everyone is talking about battery cover my pa 50 has magneto start (edited)

This is a p50, entirety different bike.

> Harry Crank Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just seen the ad, for what, 2 yrs now? lol

I think he skipped last year, same pic though! :)

I had a P-50. Spent a lot to make it right. It was a wonderful machine and was fun to drive but at 25 to 27 max speed it just did not cut it for a keeper bike. Too many asshats on the road would honk at me for going to slow. Got very tiresome.

So here is what I know...

Do not make it go faster than 25 mph as the valve springs are not strong enough to pull the valves back. Damage to the head will happen. Not sure how the one guy got his faster but I would not advise it. Cam is aluminum so it will wear fast if you install stronger springs from the PA50. I have read that you can do this as they are stronger than the P-50 ones.

Parts are impossible to get. CMSNL.com used to have carbs but no longer. There were two types by the way. Type 1 & 2 was export and Type 2 was US only. Gaskets/O-Rings for the Carbs are not to be had at all. I went the distance and worked with an o-ring company and had some made. Still have full kits for the Type 1 and 2 carbs $30 plus shipping if interested.

DO NOT use anything but the smallest drill to clean the Idle Jet, .035" is the smallest you can get if I remember. If you open it up any farther you will screw up the carb. This jet is pressed in. I screwed it up and made a new one. I would not advise this. LOL!

Yes you can get parts from Taiwan or China... they are not true Honda I think even though they say they are. I bought the blinker kit. it worked but the quality was not as good as the original parts. But who knows right.

Another issue I had was keeping the battery from leaking all over the place. It kept failing. The top would come unglued from the body and it would leak. Tried a lot of batteries. Very weird issue.

I did see these and thought... maybe! LOL!

Wow, thank you! If I get these I will hit you up for a o-ring set, have no intention of daily riding, just puttering! Price is so high, I know they are rare, but jeez....with regard to your battery, maybe by getting it going a bit faster you were over-charging it? Did you try an agm battery? Maybe bad rectifier? What kind of oil do they take? Any manuals on-line that you know of/have? Thanks again for the info!

I had all the manuals for mine. It was going to be a Keeper Bike and as such I source out all the manuals for them. They are very easy to work on. Did not need the manual much to work on it. The only way to stop them was to pull the decomp lever by the way.

I sold mine on eBay after all the repairs. I got $2,200 for it. The price he is asking is pretty fair I think. Parts come up from time to time. Mine was an Export not US model so it might have been a little more rare.

I used regular Honda 10-40 oil in it.

No manuals on-line. I used cmsnl.com to see breakdowns. At the motorcycle show at the Fair Grounds in the Cities is where I found an original set of manuals for it. Waited till the last day and got them for $10.00 what a deal.

When I had it running I checked the voltage at idle and full speed all was OK? Very weird how it killed batteries.

It was a very fun bike to ride. I do miss it but it was just not fast enough to go out on the main roads. As I said I was honked at a lot on it. I also have a CL100 and with that I can keep up with the intown traffic. So when I had to reduce I had to let it go.

You are just south of me. If you get them and have problems I am sure I could help you out if this covid thing ever clears up. I have to go to Sport Wheels in the Spring to get parts. If you have problems I could swing by. Or if you need work done I do work on the side. Up to you.

Bottom line they are fun bikes. Here is a shot of mine. I got it from a guy on this site. Paid more than the ones you are looking at. LOL!

P10100014.JPG

I remember that bike, was a really cool color! Owner of the ones in question claims to have the front racks, I prob will (against my better judgement) end up with these, will keep in touch, if they frustrate me too much may farm out repairs and you have experience! I really appreciate the offer though, and will give them a shot myself of course. Did you sell the manuals with the bike? I found a few on-line, but would rather buy from a MA person. Thanks again for the information!

Sorry but everything went with the bike including any and all spares.

Good luck.

Totally fine, I would have done that too, did with my 50v, but I appreciate the info! :)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account