Sachs Carnielli Motograziella

Hi all, new here. I usually buy old MX and enduro bike for parts or restoration but I have a chance to buy what I think is a rare Sachs moped with fold down handlebars. Information on the vin plate per each line says: T. Carnielli S.P.A., Vittorio V./Italia, Typ 155, Baujahr 1971, Fahrgest.-Nr.: 14747, 130 kg. Tank says Motograziella. It is white and red. Not completely complete but lots of good parts on it. My direct email is scottj714@hotmail.com or 97zero2zero85zero52. I am located in southern Arizona. If anyone collects these or needs parts please reach out asap. I like getting parts into the peoples hands that need them. Not really sure what I should pay for it though? Thanks

thumbnail_IMG_3197.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3200.jpg

Re: Sachs Carnielli Motograziella

Post a full picture of the bike. Looks complete enough that parting it out would be a mortal sin

Finding parts will be tough, I doubt there was a lot of these in the US during peak Moped sales.

I would kill someone for a Sachs mini folding moped. Unfortunately I’m on the other side of the country.

Try to get it for as close to $100 as possible; as I said parts are gonna kill your wallet if they’re unique to that model. I don’t think I’d pay more than a few hundred dollars.

Thanks. Good info there. I will try to get it for $75. No intentions of getting it back together unless I find another parts model. Currently I cannot find anything listed on fleabay (unless I'm searching wrong) but that was what tipped me off (and reading other info) that these things are rare.

> Nick MBC Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Post a full picture of the bike. Looks complete enough that parting it

> out would be a mortal sin

I will AFTER I get it. Hopefully today. Since very little to no parts are available, thus making it nearly impossible to complete, why not part it out to people that need the parts? Would you just keep it as is in a shed and look at it until you were 6' feet under? Just wonder why people say parting out is a "sin" when the actual act of scrapping it would be.

> Scott Johnston Wrote:

> > Nick MBC Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Post a full picture of the bike. Looks complete enough that parting it

>

> > out would be a mortal sin

>

> I will AFTER I get it. Hopefully today. Since very little to no parts

> are available, thus making it nearly impossible to complete, why not

> part it out to people that need the parts? Would you just keep it as is

> in a shed and look at it until you were 6' feet under? Just wonder why

> people say parting out is a "sin" when the actual act of scrapping it

> would be.

Two sides to every coin. Benefits to others for parting but it is nice to see this stuff stay together. Eventually parts may come along to complete it if it isn't too far gone.

All that being said, if it were me, and it had enough parts to still look like the original design, I'd clean it up and make it into a wall hanger for the time being but I also love all things Sachs.

> Scott Johnston Wrote:

> > Nick MBC Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Post a full picture of the bike. Looks complete enough that parting it

>

> > out would be a mortal sin

>

> I will AFTER I get it. Hopefully today. Since very little to no parts

> are available, thus making it nearly impossible to complete, why not

> part it out to people that need the parts? Would you just keep it as is

> in a shed and look at it until you were 6' feet under? Just wonder why

> people say parting out is a "sin" when the actual act of scrapping it

> would be.

I mean it's hard to tell from the pictures but I've saved worse bikes. The fun part of mopeds is the fabrication and reverse engineering.

Check eBay in other countries, like eBay.it for Italy, etc.

US eBay doesn't list all international auctions, and you can find a lot more parts for foreign bikes from their country of origin.

> baird co Wrote:

> Check eBay in other countries, like eBay.it for Italy, etc.

>

> US eBay doesn't list all international auctions, and you can find a lot

> more parts for foreign bikes from their country of origin.

Yeah and I mean it looks like the motor and the gas tank are there. If the seat is there and the wheels, there's no reason to part it out. Even then, motor and gas tank are the biggest parts. I'd buy it to restore.

These have the Sachs 502/1a engine. Really neat little setup. Hard to price these sometimes since they fetch a decent little bit of change but finding the buyer can be tough. If you can get it for $100 that is a steal.

Parts aren't too tough to find overseas but pretty uncommon here. That one looks like it might be nicer than the one I have here. Mine is complete but from the limited photo, that one mine be in nicer shape looking just at the plastics. They are pretty prone to hazing over depending on how they were stored and those are still a pretty bright red.

Here it is. MIssing left side plastic cover, pedals and shaft for them, rear swingarm?, front axle clamps, headlight and probably more. I'll check eBay in other countries, that is good info. I have never done that so will give it a try. Right now there is no way to even check spark, but yes it might be a cool conversation piece.

thumbnail_IMG_3203.jpg

Looks in great shape. I'd come up with some temporary replacements to make it work and enjoy it. Make a swing arm and find some used parts to fill the void for the rest that is missing.

> Chris * Wrote:

> Looks in great shape. I'd come up with some temporary replacements to

> make it work and enjoy it. Make a swing arm and find some used parts to

> fill the void for the rest that is missing.

I loved the "reverse engineering" comment above along with your "make a swingarm." I'm no engineer guys, nor can I honestly fabricate parts for this. I'm a simple restoration guy that uses OEM parts. That other kind of sh!# is above my pay grade. With that being said, I will look to see what parts can be found. I'm in no hurry to part her out if it is that rare. Thanks

Lol, you have to have the dumbest bumper sticker I've seen, no offense; the no more bullshit slogan didn't make any sense considering the context. Like what bullshit? The last 4 years have been Trump so how would re-electing him cause the bullshit levels to drop? Is somehow re-electing him going to change his ways? I think that embodies the stupidity of the Trump campaign. Keep America great, sure, yeah makes sense contextually even though statistically speaking we're worse off than 4 years ago, especially in foreign policy and international standing. But no more bullshit? What.

Good thing him and his senate got us that aid bill right?

Hey Nick, please don't. Let's try to keep this the United States of Mopeds, and keep personal politics out of it.

> Nick MBC Wrote:

> Lol, you have to have the dumbest bumper sticker I've seen, no offense;

> the no more bullshit slogan didn't make any sense considering the

> context. Like what bullshit? The last 4 years have been Trump so how

> would re-electing him cause the bullshit levels to drop? Is somehow

> re-electing him going to change his ways? I think that embodies the

> stupidity of the Trump campaign. Keep America great, sure, yeah makes

> sense contextually even though statistically speaking we're worse off

> than 4 years ago, especially in foreign policy and international

> standing. But no more bullshit? What.

>

> Good thing him and his senate got us that aid bill right?

I was waiting for one of you dumb lib-tards to start. Baited you right in. The bullshit was from all of you dumb-asses that simply would not stop for 4 years after you had your bliss of Obama who did nothing in 8 years as well as dimentia Joe who has done nothing for 47 years. What fools all of you are to vote for him. Blame Pelosi you A-hole.

Here we go.

Well that was rude

So you run a bumper sticker specifically to antagonize other people and the revert to ironic name calling once you’ve “baited” then in to YOUR bullshit?

I guess you’re just a master baiter.

Lol, could have just let it go and not said some weak ass conservative trope. bye Scott no one will miss you here.

To each their own... why go around picking fights about politics. Country is clearly divided. What a waste of time. I'm still interested in seeing the progress of the Motograziella if you decide to stick around Scott. I've been eyeing to pick one of those up one day.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account