Parts compatibility help: jcpenney swinger1

I have a swinger 1 which is pretty stripped, does anyone know if the maxi n rigid fenders and rear rack will work on a swinger 1 rigid frame? This is my first attempt at one of these. I picked it up at a yard sale for $25 and figured why not. Any help is appreciated. Thanks so much.

Re: Parts compatibility help: jcpenney swinger1

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I doubt it. Completely different frames.

the free spirit rigid LOOKS exactly the same. I would just get a front fender and get creative. thats the fun stuff

Damn. Ive been looking for a swinger for awhile. They're pretty hard to find and you got one for almost nothing! Sweet. I have a rigid Free Spirit and it is nearly identical if not the exact same as a Swinger.

I have a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger that I would love to paint a Swinger moped to match.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

He didn’t ask about Free Spirit parts compatibility. He asked about the compatibility of Puch Maxi N parts, which have completely different frames.

> paul liedtka Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> the free spirit rigid LOOKS exactly the same. I would just get a front

> fender and get creative. thats the fun stuff (edited)

Okay, thanks so much. Ill keep looking. Still not sure which direction i want to go with this thing. Gotta get it running first.

I can measure my rigid free spirit fender if someone has a rigid maxi fender to compare to.

The free spirit and swinger frames are soooo similar. I also have a Pinto2 and a Pinto2 parts bike which is a Swinger with suspension. I plan on trying to put the chrome Pinto2 fenders on the rigid. Ill have to drill a few holes, but shouldn't be too hard.

Pushrod Fifty /

Yea 2nd for getting the same front fender and shaping to your likes, take-off parts are cheap.

Okay so now ive done a little searching and it looks like free spirit rigid uses a fender kind of brace and the rigid swinger does not. Is that the case? I dont have a rear fender to see how it mounts. Thanks.

Are you talking about the chrome brace that attaches at the rear of the fender and holds it to the frame?

Yes.

Yes. I just dont see the bracket on a swinger in any pictures online.

Every original swinger i have looked at has one. My Free Spirit is missing that part but the bolt holes are there.

20210117_114251.jpg

Michael Domanski /

Hey where did you get the picture of my swinger?

Swinger/Pinto non-rigid models used Maxi style swingarms, whereas Freespirit used Magnum style. Leads me to think that the Swinger/Pinto Rigid rear fender would be more like the Maxi N style, which also uses that extra brace like shown in the above pic.

Michael, that was the first decent picture that popped up on a Google search.

Free Spirit rigid seems to have the same fender shape. It has a "spine" down the middle. And has the same brace on the rear of the fender that mounts up in the same exact place on the frame.

Screenshot_20210117-160935_Gallery.jpg

Probably just swinger and pinto will match best. I think Magnum plastic chain guards fit.

Free spirit is to magnum as pinto/swinger is to cobra

If parts swap over from free spirit to pinto I would be surprised. The whole frame is a different size. Some things would be the same size, like a fender, but mounting holes would probably not match up. Seems like an easy problem to fix tho. I agree with Mike that the maxi-n would be close to the same size as the pinto, but parts wont swap over easily either.

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> Free spirit is to magnum as pinto/swinger is to cobra

>

> If parts swap over from free spirit to pinto I would be surprised. The

> whole frame is a different size. Some things would be the same size,

> like a fender, but mounting holes would probably not match up. Seems

> like an easy problem to fix tho. I agree with Mike that the maxi-n

> would be close to the same size as the pinto, but parts wont swap over

> easily either.

What part of the frame is different? I own both and haven't noticed anything different. I've put a spare pinto tank on my freespirit to get it running while the Free Spirit tank was soaking in cleaning solution.

Im talking about this mount. I only see it on free spirit.

Screenshot_20210118-001909.png

Kevin Bishop /

Nice score for 25$. I got my LTD for 50$ so you win.

> Taylor King Wrote:

> > Jay Rivett Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Free spirit is to magnum as pinto/swinger is to cobra

>

> >

>

> > If parts swap over from free spirit to pinto I would be surprised.

> The

>

> > whole frame is a different size. Some things would be the same size,

>

> > like a fender, but mounting holes would probably not match up. Seems

>

> > like an easy problem to fix tho. I agree with Mike that the maxi-n

>

> > would be close to the same size as the pinto, but parts wont swap over

>

> > easily either.

>

> What part of the frame is different? I own both and haven't noticed

> anything different. I've put a spare pinto tank on my freespirit to get

> it running while the Free Spirit tank was soaking in cleaning solution.

The tanks use a U clamp to hold onto the tube style frame they both have. But the length of the frames are completely different. I have owned both bikes as well and a magnum, and have compared things with my friends cobra.

Plastic lower side covers wouldnt work between the two bikes. Forks, shocks, and swing arms are all different lengths between the two bikes. So yeah lots are different and would not be interchangeable unless you are trying to make a mini free spirit, or a large pinto....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account