Wanted: Derbi C5/Laguna Frame, Swingarm, Plastics & Tank.

Don't need any accessories or fork or wheels or engine.

Frame, Tank, Plastics (ish), Seat and Swingarm.

Entertain any of those Derbi's that share that tank design.

Might entertain RD50 in a similar state.

Re: Wanted: Derbi C5/Laguna Frame, Swingarm, Plastics & Tank.

Steven Whitright /

frame - if you can't source... i remember years back using a late sixties hodaka ace 100 frame to substitute for one on a recommendation and it being super close.... now how accurate that statement is i'll leave up to you to research... it very well might have needed some hackin/welding

swingarm - see above

tank - assume you saw the 'NOS derbi coppa FDT tank' on treats? if you don't wanna cold-call folks in spain they pop up on ebay occasionally. the laguna on there now ('Used Vintage Derby Laguna Sport Gas Fuel Tank Gray Army Moped Tank WT91') might be rough/expensive but hey maybe the dude will take an offer? at least its pretty dent-free... then there are expensive spanish tanks ("DERBI RED FUEL TANK DERBY (box 64)" and "DERBI 49 FDX DERBY SPORT NEW FUEL TANK")

seat - i feel like i just used a tomos one. there are reproductions all over. the oem shit is expensive (ie Derbi C 5 original new seat )

There is a basket case rd50 on here. I think Jackerz had it. I think it was up for 1700 but came with motor and wheels and stuff you could resell if you didnt need. Probably cost as much as sourcing the pieces individually.

Steven Whitright /

yeah you’d likely be in way over 17 hundred to import that bike piecemeal doing it yourself (even if you had jack’s connects)... def a great fucking deal and yeah sell the motor etc if you dont need it and recoup a bunch (edited)

Steven Whitright /

I messaged him about it, but I don't think he wants to part it out. I would buy it whole but I'm up in Canada, I think I would be approaching 3k CAD by the time I shipped all the extra bits. I'm not opposed to that but I think in my situation it would be slightly easier to find the random bits and pieces considering I would not be using any of the other parts really.

Got a tank and a gas cap.

Still need C5/Laguna:

-Frame

-Swingarm

-Seat or seat pan

Will import from wherever if I can get a lead on it.

If someone can tell me if a RD50 frame is the same I would also entertain that.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I want a unicorn corpse, have brain and forelimbs w/ feet...

Jk gl...

Steven Whitright /

i found an orig (c5) seat for 162 euro shipped (caveat i just guessed a canadian zip code for the shipping estimate since i dunno where yr at). message me if thats within budget

Steven Whitright /

(thats under two hundo over here in the states but i think closer to 250 in yr dollars)

this post makes me feel extra lucky for finding an rd50 for a reasonable price

I have a swingarm and rear wheel

BUmp.

Have tank

Have seat

Have gas cap

-Need Frame

-Need Swingarm

-Need weird rear engine cradle bit

-Rubber Isolators the gas tank sits on, although I may just print them in TPU

Also could use a complete rear hub with brake plate... although I may end up doing something else with a yz85 wheel.

Steven Whitright /

have you looked into a Bultaco 125 frame? supposedly derbi bought their overstock for (some of?) the lagunas? even if that’s a rumor might get you closer?

I looked at a lot of frames, bultaco, hodaka, all rumored to be close.

This might be true with the coppa, as those frames are different. but the mopeds the 2 front down tubes are spaced out quite far to clear the cylinder head. This is super noticeable even in pictures.

Steven Whitright /

(ps it looks like dan k used one for that Indigan ‘Diablo’... the ride apart article on it mentions that bultaco thing. good luck)

Steven Whitright /

(It’s still a work in progress... some mockup shit still there, but) I just swapped the downtubes on this G3 frame

It takes a little bit of measuring/cutting/mocking but cutting them and spacing them out a little bit wouldn’t be the end of the world in my opinion... My guess is it would be cheaper and you have a bike together much sooner versus waiting for a legit frame to pop up somewhere

9B34514D-7E9F-4FB1-8950-7E2422C8E590.jpeg
5376D691-FF90-4C8D-B7CE-652116611D61.jpeg

Steven Whitright /

(To be clear in my case I didn’t reuse the same down tubes... the g3 ones were too wimpy for a flat reed... used some chonkers from a triumph... Only posting in case it gets your ideas goin)

20210319_170046.jpg

Help me help myself be more poor.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account