Jbot accepting porting jobs

If you need some porty porty,

Contact jborty jborty.

Pp to reed porting, reed adapter building, racy shit, torquey shit, pipe repairs and strapping mods for header or silencer breaky bois, head cutting, head stabbing, eye gouging, dick rippin, finger ports, aux ports, ringland porting, re-tapping, case cutting, throat cutting, decking, cyl spacer building, eating pitas...

WHATEVER NEEDS DOING

OK THEN

0FDA258C-EC15-476A-B13C-28DE1FFFC8CB.jpeg

Re: Jbot accepting porting jobs

Can I come by and just have you supervise my work? I can still pay some monies. But I want to learn not just pay you have it done.

Jack Rutherford /

I usually would but not in the time of covid

Stupid covid.

I’ll tell ya what to do for free tho.

It’s not hard.

The issue most people run into is going too high or wide with the exhaust port, not chamfering everything so it’s like buttery smooth, and forgetting to really clean out all the porting chips from under the piston and ringlands and transfers. Always sink clean with dish soap and scrubbing, I push dish soap covered paper towel balls thru the transfers with chopsticks to really push out the chips.

Then if it’s cast iron dry really fast with compressed air or a heat gun then oil the bore.

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

What can you do to Vespa cylinders? I have a bunch of stock cylinders

I like those tips! Im about to destroy a few cylinders. Wish me luck.

I have a stock tomos a35 cyl that needs waking up and my Puch TCCD 70cc piston port. Hope they both run after I'm done. Ha!

Probably Fred /

I want reverse porting with more metal added for heat sink,

The more metal you take away the more heat you can’t dissipate!

Porting Is fine and dandy if you have water cooling or HPI but if you run standard stock bulletproof points ignition for reliability like I do it’s stupid to just go fast just to have to back off before you seize with traffic on your ass on a long straightaway or going up a steep hill!

I don’t know why no one knows this but me on these forums but most seem like they just go for broke!

A 2 cycle engine runs the best before it seizes, I learned this still in my teens apparently no one here knows this phenomenon!

There is so many frauds on these forms because I worked on many of their bikes,

The people said they did this, they did that to their bikes, mph speeds were nothing what they said, the head temperatures were to the moon when they said ran cool etc.

Some had the second or third pistons put in them after just a few hundred miles on the kit, with no lining left in cylinders and stupid high 30° timing which they said was 14° btdc.

I’d have to say 60 to 70% of people that post in their performance MA and in general on all forums are frauds probably the same fraud % for the whole Internet in general

go to bed grandpa roffman youre drunk

Snooze fest roffman.

Now you are crying "fraud" ..not poorly trained, not poorly performed but what freaking word ken: FRAUD !! OK NOW let's get over your boy losing the election. Ok!! Let's give the word a bit of a rest. Pleaze. Or keep your posts on your side of your state line.

Okay okay I’ll bite.....how you feel about relocating pins on a piston for meh? I want to go to the promise land of blast, but I’ll admit it I am worried I won’t make it right and the pin will come out and be friends with the cylinder. Thoughts? Or just tell me to stop being a wimp and do it?

pming you

roots to wings /

hey ken, are you saying one should not port a stock cylinder at all? I'm just looking to take a hi torque maxi to 40 with good takeoff, have it run reliably, and have it run like it's does now at 30mph. No interest in pushing the speed envelope like all these 50 mph insaniacs. Too old! There's got to be a way cheaper and more reliable way to do it than buying an $85 kit, $100 crank, and $100 pipe.

Terbo Speghetti /

WHY ISN'T ROFMAN BANNED YET

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /
bill_of_rights.png

Maybe this?

Terbo Speghetti /

Lol you think the bill of rights applies here?

You know that the Moped Army isn't a branch of the actual army, right?

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

> There is so many frauds on these forms because I worked on many of their

> bikes,

>

> The people said they did this, they did that to their bikes, mph speeds

> were nothing what they said, the head temperatures were to the moon when

> they said ran cool etc.

>

> Some had the second or third pistons put in them after just a few

> hundred miles on the kit, with no lining left in cylinders and stupid

> high 30° timing which they said was 14° btdc.

>

> I’d have to say 60 to 70% of people that post in their performance MA

> and in general on all forums are frauds probably the same fraud % for

> the whole Internet in general

About this..... so you claim that the people who built these bikes then had you work on them after? Or is it that some moped newbies bought a highly tuned bike from someone and had no idea how to premix gas let alone how to properly maintain it? And you then blame the original builder for the woes of a moped? As if you never work on your bikes again? So you have a garage full of bikes you worked on once like 8yrs ago and never done anything to them except add gas and ride? Weird that the rest of us have to maintain them quite regularly especially when we start going fast.

Jbot, sorry for hijacking this thread for a second, but I fell asleep the first time I tried reading his post and hadn't gotten down to the "frauds" claim. And seeing how high of a horse he was riding above all of us it was a bit too much this time.

Roff stick to your timing rants only please.

Steven Whitright /

one vote for --->

less self-important rigid conservative dudes feeling emboldened to shit up people's posts old-mansplaining the same talking points ~100x/week for >a decade

more jbot (a dude who knows his shit and makes rad stuff)'s sale of services pls!

Jbot IS Mciver.

You should sell your air boxes too

> Buttcheeks BUZZARD Wrote:

> You should sell your air boxes too

Ya!

But that ain’t me dawg. I pursue truth.

You should know this by now.

I port air cooled shit all the time.

Don’t run timing and compression too hot and make a good squish and keep everything air tight and chamfer everything and put your clips in so they don’t spin and the gap is at the bottom and nothing will go wrong generally.

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> I want reverse porting with more metal added for heat sink,

>

> The more metal you take away the more heat you can’t dissipate!

>

> Porting Is fine and dandy if you have water cooling or HPI but if you

> run standard stock bulletproof points ignition for reliability like I do

> it’s stupid to just go fast just to have to back off before you seize

> with traffic on your ass on a long straightaway or going up a steep

> hill!

>

> I don’t know why no one knows this but me on these forums but most seem

> like they just go for broke!

>

> A 2 cycle engine runs the best before it seizes, I learned this still in

> my teens apparently no one here knows this phenomenon!

>

> There is so many frauds on these forms because I worked on many of their

> bikes,

>

> The people said they did this, they did that to their bikes, mph speeds

> were nothing what they said, the head temperatures were to the moon when

> they said ran cool etc.

>

> Some had the second or third pistons put in them after just a few

> hundred miles on the kit, with no lining left in cylinders and stupid

> high 30° timing which they said was 14° btdc.

>

> I’d have to say 60 to 70% of people that post in their performance MA

> and in general on all forums are frauds probably the same fraud % for

> the whole Internet in general (edited)

I could sell airboxes.

You send me a bottle and I can do it.

Large diameter shampoo bottles work best,

My gf uses chi or some shit. They’re like 3.5in diameter. They’re very easy to make tho. Like it’s a crime to sell them but ima criminal

Don’t be afraid.

Are the pins 1/16? If so drilling a 1/16 hole partway thru the piston then pressing in a lil 1/16 spring pin with some bearing lock is very easy. Then trim with a cut off dremel disc if it sticks out too far. You can also just use piano wire at whatever diameter you need...drill the hole slightly smaller, then press it in with a drill press with a drill bit turned around backward to act as a baby press

Practice on a dead piston first. It’s not bad.

I’ve done it a few times and never have they come out.

> EH FCC of the QCB Wrote:

> Okay okay I’ll bite.....how you feel about relocating pins on a piston

> for meh? I want to go to the promise land of blast, but I’ll admit it I

> am worried I won’t make it right and the pin will come out and be

> friends with the cylinder. Thoughts? Or just tell me to stop being a

> wimp and do it?

Look, like I told you in your email.

There’s always a trade off with puch one speeds.

You speak of 50mph maniacs but you build an engine that can go 50, then gear shorter so you get great takeoff without a screaming clutch.

A pipe is pretty much required for a one speed piston port stock bore to have any kind of grunt. And converting to reeds just adds to that grunt. Then you gear to whatever max speed you want and limit it so your stock crank doesn’t spin past about 9k.

You can get stock bores to 40 without too much trouble, but low end won’t be great at all without a very tuned braced clutch.

As to the cost, you have to pay to play. This is the cheapest motor hobby around.

A well setup treats reed kit and estoril pipe will do everything you want here for about cheap as you can get

> roots to wings Wrote:

> hey ken, are you saying one should not port a stock cylinder at all?

> I'm just looking to take a hi torque maxi to 40 with good takeoff, have

> it run reliably, and have it run like it's does now at 30mph. No

> interest in pushing the speed envelope like all these 50 mph insaniacs.

> Too old! There's got to be a way cheaper and more reliable way to do it

> than buying an $85 kit, $100 crank, and $100 pipe. (edited)

I just came here to say

been out since 12/05/09 when our 2009 arrived lazer sport 5 in usa now 2010 upgraded in looks only (same) ped looks only so if you see an 09 model it will have blacked out wheels from us in california 2010 has polished lip on alloy wheels thats it but if check prices very low compared to any other new moped parts out therebeen out since 12/05/09 when our 2009 arrived lazer sport 5 in usa now 2010 upgraded in looks only (same) ped looks only so if you see an 09 model it will have blacked out wheels from us in california 2010 has polished lip on alloy wheels thats it but if check prices very low compared to any other new moped parts out there no one has new since mopeds been here since 70s all are old stock lazer mopeds are newest pedal moped in usa but i promise they are here to stay jerry

Thank you for your lazer Andy Jerry

Is this the lazer that is starting all the forest fires ?? Where are you pointing it?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account