Searching targa LX or bullet TTLX (or in parts)

Hi,

I'm marc, new on the forum, I live in Holland and I'm looking for a tomos targa LX or a Bullet TTLX.

I love the top-tank models but they're just not available anywhere in the netherlands.

I prefer the targa LX, mostly because it's based on the quadro and i'm quite familair with quadro's. Also the bullet is way more expensive.

My biggest problem is shipping, I got in contact with SecondStrokeMopeds and they said shipping a whole moped will be an easy $1000...

So long story short my best option would be a original targa LX frame, seat and tank. Still pretty expensive but maybe that shipping wil be less then..

If someone's selling everything I need or knows a place, i love to hear it. I find it hard to find the right american websites. Tips are also welcome!

received_220762852721920.jpeg
tomos-OEM-black-tank-06-2.jpg
OEM-tomos-seat-229430-2.jpg

Re: Searching targa LX or bullet TTLX (or in parts)

If it was me I'd buy the tank and seat and modifiy a standard quadro frame. The only real differences are the lack of the gas filler, petcock thread and the tank and seat mounts. It's something pretty much any welder and fabricator could do. There used to be this kit, but they've been out of stock for a while. https://www.treatland.tv/MLM-tomos-TOP-TANK-CONVERSION-brackets-p/mlm-tomos-top-tank-bracket1038.htm

Yea the guy from secondstrokemopeds send me the same kit, but first i wanna try and get an original frame.

If i got it in holland I would have to get a licenseplate for it, and it would be registred as a Targa LX. That would make it the only original Targa LX in Holland. That would be amazing

As far as I know there's only 1 targa in holland and it's not an LX.

So yeah I tried to find a frame in europe but it's really hard. The targa was made for the american market..

I have like maybe 5-10 or so LX frames laying around. They're all kinda scratched up and should be painted if you want a nice bike. I have a few tanks as well; again they would need paint. I don't know what kind of paperwork you'd need but my state doesn't really do any paperwork except for a license plate, and I don't have plates for any of these since they're just frames. I don't think I have any seats for the top tank but you can modify a Tomos sprint seat to fit pretty easily. I don't know what it would cost to ship the frame, probably around $100-150.

I can send you pictures of what I have if you're interested, like I said I don't have everything you'd need though (mainly just the seat and I might be missing gas caps to the gas tanks; they're different than the other Tomos ones)

Scratches are no problem! I was planning to strip every part of the moped and paint it again so it's all nice and clean, so as long as it's still good enough to work with, it's good enough for me!

Picture's would be nice! Also $100/150 to ship a frame would be a lot better than a 1000

Overpriced Parts /

I like the 2007- 2013 generation Tomoses like this 2009 LX and 2012 ST. They’re heavy duty built with good suspension, very powerful and fast even in stock form. I like the reliability and how the turn signals do not require a battery.

I’m gonna sell one or both of these low mi bikes in a few months but only locally in the states, sorry.

0E1199E4-D3D0-4C7B-90EA-E188DB08E326.jpeg
E0F49FB1-49FD-432A-A7D6-806C5AED2AF0.jpeg

You could build one from all these Oem Tomos parts treats sells but it would be very expensive to do so

No engine but they still have a frame and tank in stock

https://www.treatland.tv/Tomos-A35-A55-A3-moped-parts-s/68.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=68&search=Oem&show=500&page=1

The frame and tank are the most important parts to find for me, a seat and a gas cap won't be my biggest issue so i'm interested!

Yea i think that that build will be a bit over my budget.. but i share your love for those models! Very nice

♣Slew Foot♣ /

You can't get stuff from Tomos directly? Www.tomoshop.nl

Www.50cc.eu...

I have a 95 Targa TTLX it's is just a frame bracket toptank and seat and the bracket has workarounds.

Just curious, So how much is a tomos lx or targa worth in holland? And is a bullet more expensive?

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You can't get stuff from Tomos directly? Www.tomoshop.nl

>

> Www.50cc.eu...

>

> I have a 95 Targa TTLX it's is just a frame bracket toptank and seat and

> the bracket has workarounds.

I can get stuff from tomos directly! Tomoshop.nl and tomosparts.nl have a 1-2 workday delivery. The problem is that targa (LX) parts are not available in holland.. I have 2 quadro's for daily driving and I can get all the needed parts for good prices with fast delivery.

This is because the Targa LX was made for the american market, but if you want quadro, standard or 4TL parts you're good to go here.

Since a targa LX is just a quadro/standard with some adjustments, I want to get the frame, tank and seat original out of the states because those are the parts that make a targa LX. The rest of the parts I can get my hands on in Holland.

I would like to ship a whole targa LX but it would cost me a fortune

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just curious, So how much is a tomos lx or targa worth in holland? And

> is a bullet more expensive?

Hard to say, I can do a pretty decent guess but since they're not available anywhere here it would take actually selling one to know exactly what they would be worth.

I guess that a Targa LX would be around a 1000 and an original golden bullet would be way more because it's harder to find. It would also take a real collecter or something to buy it due to the high costs in shipping, getting it road legal and al that kinda stuff.

In the end, if I can pull it off to build one here and get it registred as a Targa LX, I would never sell it. For me it would be the most awesome moped in Holland.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

All of a sudden I feel blessed 4 bullets and a Targa.

I am working on a Colibre project.

I wish I had an in for the transatlantic shipping I am just outside both ports new York and Newark.

I wouldn't mind a trip or a hip-hop 4l...

Yea well it's only logical that the different models are hard to come by, I just hope that I can find someone who is willing to ship secondhand LX parts to holland

Ideal situation would be 2 frames, tanks and seats since i'm planning to start the project with a friend of mine.

The parts don't have to be in the best condition, I can find a company to fix the seats if they are in rough condition and the frames and tanks are gonna get sandblasted and painted again anyway

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Why the seat? It's the sideways opening seat the hinges are just mounted differently than the bench or trunkseat.

Well the seat is just a little bit different, i know that i can slap another type of seat on there and make it work, but if i'm gonna do this, i'm gonna do it right.

Plus i like the look of it, it's just not like any other tomos seat.

Marc,

PM me your complete shipping address. I have quite a few used but very nice LX frames, seats and tanks. Before I quote you a price on the parts, lets figure out what the shipping costs would be to your home in the Netherlands first....

Thanks,

Don

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account