garelli carb

hey

on 78 ralley sport the carb has a small hole below the intake ventury

what is its purpose

anyone know how to remove the flywheel WITHOUT the tool

(yea i know)

thanks

Re: garelli carb

You'll have to describe the carb better. If you're talking about the small holes in the emulsion tube above the jet,the small one is for idling and low speed.

don-ohio

hi don

thanks 4 responding on the air filter side there is a small hole below the (you say its called emulsion chamber) ive never heard that term before i use to be a mechanic this hole goes thru to the main jet and no its not one of the metering holes i have ti plugged and it seems to run fine oh what mix gas/oil do these engines use its a 78 ralley sport

let me add this garelli is completely unknown to me ive had rice burners and a sears allstate scooter

thank you

bill

1094800388_untitled.jpg

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

don,, one of the first to talk here.

Please un plug that hole that you plugged up. That is part of the carburetor and supposed to be there. If the bike only started running with it plugged up then there is something else wrong with the bike.

As for the flywheel. The short answer is No. You can not remove the flywheel without the tool. I mean you can, but only if you have removed a flywheel on one of these bikes before and understand how to do so without thrashing the engine or the flywheel. The tool is cheap and is great to have on hand. I actually have a second puller if you want to purchase it off of me. Or you can get the same one from treats which is where I bought both of mine from.

Every Garelli ive ever seen had. DeLLoRtO carburetor from the factory. Should day so on the side of the carb body along with its size...14.12

> __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> don,, one of the first to talk here.

That comes naturally when you shoot from the hip. Too bad he's never owned a Garelli.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account