Yamaha Vino Won't Start

I have a 2003/2004(not really sure) Yamaha Vino. Last I knew it was running fine, after about a year I went to start it up again and now it won't start. It has less than 1500 miles on it and I've always made sure there was oil in it.

Why won't it start? I try the push button and nothing at all happens. I try the kick start and it sputters and the headline blinks on but the motor won't kick in. There is gas in it, not a whole lot, maybe a dollar's worth. Is the problem I just need to fill it up or is there something more nefarious involved? I really would appreciate the help. I'm a struggling graphic designer and I can't afford to have this professionally looked at. Thanks alot people!

For all your graphic and web design needs, <url> http://www.passionate-about-design.com

Low rates, excellant service.

Re: Yamaha Vino Won't Start

Check for a clean spark plug that sparks and then spray some Starter Fluid into the carb (or into the plug hole.. replace the plug). If it runs for a few seconds that carb is dirty.. which is very understandable if it sat for a year.. probably all gummed up.

To check for spark, remove the plug, clip the base of the plug to the fins on the engine to 'ground' it, reattach the plug wire and kick the motor over.. you should see little blue sparks.

Yamaha Vino Won't Start

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Jason, drain your gas tank and put in fresh gas. If you have a battery charge it. Good luck. Jim.

Yep! Fresh gas.............the starter fluid might get it going, but I'd replace that gas. Check the airbox,too. Creepy crawlies or wasps can get in those and block the flow,possibly even getting into the carb throat. don-ohio (:^)

Re: Yamaha Vino oil line

kenneth lathers /

after removing cleaning carb. how can I be sure my oil line to carb is properly inserted and working. vino50cc

take a pic i have no idea what oil line you're talking about. the vino 50 carb isnt oiled.

My vino is 4 stroke ..you.do have a vacuum line going to.your petcock that has to have vacuum.to open the petcock to get fuel to the carb..

kenneth lathers /

line I referred to thought it was oil line that went in carb. see pic

IMG_20200219_123048.jpg

Hmm , looks like a cable TV connection . Yer not suppose to be watching Days Of Our Lives while riding your scooter . ;)

I couldn't make it out either..i would look on mine to see if i could find what that is but it is in the shed in back of stored junk and 14 peds...just not sure i am up to tackling that chore today..mine is 06 125 not sure if same as he has..did you have to take the seat or side panel off to get to that ? If not i might can climb over some things and get enough roombto look. That might be wire to the electric choke ??(edited)

kenneth lathers /

yes I removed seat and bucket to have access to carb. this line from the motor is hollow and short. It seems I removed it from carb? Im set with the vacume and fuel line. until I figure it out I cant assemble everything I removed

Can you back up a little and take another pic ..i can 't really tell where you are from that one..

kenneth lathers /

the line has a small white filter. the end as seen is brass, slotted with hole. it reaches carb in which has a hole in it with identical brass piece inside(matching end of line}. hope this helps

IMG_20200220_094846.jpg
IMG_20200220_094813_1.jpg
IMG_20200220_094811.jpg

Moved a bunch out of the way and took mine apart today but i don't see anything that resembles that on it..wish i could have found what to tell you but no go..have you tried a scooter forum to get help on it..i think some came 2 stroke and that may be an oil line ..mine is 4 stroke and might be the difference i guess(edited)

Ask on 49ccscoot.com

This is a vintage two stroke pedal moped forum. You'll have much better luck over there.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account