motori minarelli

I just recently purchased an American Triped mfr. in 1979. It has a motori minarelli engine. I was not told the gas and oil mixture, so I called my local scooter dealer and was told I could use the same oil as my honda express (yamalube) at 32:1 so I did! It ran about 2 blocks and died. I have not been able to get it started again. I dont know what size engine it is and have no Specs. at all. I looked the eng over for numbers but only fond one on the plastic air breather cover # S1 DGM 9560- S I think it is a 50cc. I dont seem to be getting any fire at the plug and compression is 80 lbs. Would appreciate any help you can give . Hallsgates

Re: motori minarelli

See Ya Moped Army /

50:1 gas/oil ratio. 80 psi is crap. You should have at least 120 psi. Top end of motor needs attention.

50:1 with synthetic yamalube or just a good quality 2 cycle oil. Thanks for info about mix and compression.

See Ya Moped Army /

good quailty 2 stroke is all you need.

Thanks, MoPedLar, any ideas on finding out what eng. this is?I have seen pics. of a V1 and everything looks the same including bottom mounted muffler. Thanks

See Ya Moped Army /

Sounds like a V1. Post a pic of the motor to be 100% sure.

Dave Peterson /

Is this a three wheel moped? I would love to see a picture.

Skipjaz

Yes it is a 3 wheel moped. I have only met one other 3 wheel owner so far. I think they maybe a rare item? I will post pics. as soon as I get the bugs worked out of this new HP computer. I miss my old DELL. If anyone has info on points and plug gap I would be grateful. Pretty sure it is a V1 eng. Thanks

The Minarelli identification info is on the bottom of the engine and can be seen when looking from the right hand side.

My original Italian Owner's manual says to use a 3% mix. That equates to 3.8oz to a gallon of gas (or 33:1). With synthetic oil you can probably run thinner than that, say 3oz to a gallon which works out to 42.6:1

Is the engine stuck? Or can you still spin it over?

Do you have spark?

Have you cleaned the carb?

Silverfox Thanks, eng. turns freely, but dont think I am getting spark. Kicked over with plug grounded to head, no visible spark. No I did not clean carb.

sounds like the plug fouled, try that first. Uses a NGK BP6HS. I would get some rings too, just search ebay under "minarelli". Surprised it even ran with 80 lbs compression, thats very low.

Skipjaz, I have posted pics. of three wheeler. Should be able to view in a couple of days. Look under American Triped or just Triped. See attachment, and rest posted.

1178914845_triped_1.jpg

Cleats Onionpockets /

Now that's just fun looking.

Dude hell yeah. I'd totally rock that thing everywhere...

very cool...

Justin

I am a soon to be owner of a 80's 3 wheel Tomos.

Chas

Top speed on my Minarelli V1 is about 28mph. Does anyone know where to get a 75cc kit.

Look at: speedkits.8k.com

These are by Frederico out of Argentina

Dave Peterson /

I have one just like it, except mine is missing the top and windshield. I found a tag on my front fork tube with the name Pivar out of Calf. I own 4 three wheel mopeds. Skipjaz

after using the 86cc kit (which is the one federico sells) i wouldn't recommend it. and i have yet to find anyone that has gotten one to work. get a polini instead. i also have a minarelli moped trike but it's an electric V1L engine.

I also have a 3-wheel Motori Minarelli, and I'd like to sell it. Any market for these older models out ther?

Leon Swarmer /

Did you do the compression test at Wide open throttle?

Change the plug first and then let us know.

Anyone tell me what year this is and if it's worth 1000 bucks.

Screenshot_20200209-194552_Facebook.jpg

looks priceless to me

Looks like a serious babe magnet to me.

Did those have the tail light safety feature that killed spark bulb blew? Check taillight bulbs.

>>>taykoff [s2m] /

Don: This thread is 13 years old...but yes, the Tri-ped has the tail light safety feature the will kill spark, although some models had an override for this built-in to the control set.

Harleymanz: That photo is a first-gen model of the Tri-ped. If it is running, and you also have a Tazmanian devil tattoo on your ankle, then you should buy it and live the dream life like the dude pictured...so much happy.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account