Honda Hobbit Ignition Coil Wiring Verification

i replaced an old coil and condenser with new ones from Treats. please see the attached photo to see what parts i'm referring to. i'm not getting any spark.

here's some more background..

1. the points have been cleaned and i have the black wire coming from the magneto plugged directly into the coil wire that's soldered to the terminal and i have continuity to the coil terminal from the that black wire. i'm bypassing the on/off switch and the rectifier.

2. am i supposed to run an additional ground from the coil? i assumed it should ground to the frame..

3. the wiring diagram kinda confuses me on how i should run the condenser. i soldered it directly to the terminal of the coil because that's how it looked on the original coil.

any help is appreciated. i just want to get this thing back on the road.

cheers.

1284606352_hobbit_coil.png

Re: Honda Hobbit Ignition Coil Wiring Verification

yeah that looks all good. gap the points? .014

why did you bypass the rectifier?

i bypassed it just to see if i could get spark by connecting the coil directly to the magneto. i assume since my bike doesn't have a battery or run any accessories that i don't even need it. am i wrong?

Bump - did you ever get this fixed, and how? Was there any ground wire needed?

It should run if totally stock ignition with out the rectifier..but why not follow the wiring diagram perfectly before making changes.

Okay I solved the issue - Simply a bad cool. Spark plug wire to the ground wire gave me like 4 thousand ohms. Thanks, and sorry to revive an ancient thread for such a simple problem.

« Go to Topic — end of thread