Re: Here's Help: Adding Turn Signals to Honda Express

Green Marauder /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Okay! Shot my video of turn signal wiring on my 78 Honda Express. I think I have a fair understanding of the 6 volt wiring now, at least the turn signal portion of it, anyway. Feel free to ask a question. The only component I am not happy with is the old silicon rectifier. It looks like it is the original one from 1978. It gets hot when I ride the bike for a while. I have ordered a new part from Radio Shack, and will post a photo of it with my feedback after I test it out. I am surprised by how bright all of the lights are. The new 6V headlamp, taillight, and signals are at least twice as bright as before, probably because of the new, Genesis, 4 amp/hr battery. So the bike is now lighted like a 1980 Express, and I am really happy with it.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account