Tomos A3 voltage regulator (1 Pin) How?

80's Tomos A3. Came off a Golden Bullet. The original voltage regulator has one terminal and that's it. Do I run a parallel wire to lights or is it supposed to feed from ground through terminal to the lights? Came in a box of parts not sure how it was supposed to be. I cant even find pictures of this one on the internet.

Re: Tomos A3 voltage regulator (1 Pin) How?

Pictures

IMG_0080.JPG
IMG_0082.JPG

80's Tomos is 6 volts & didnt have regulators, that is off a 90's 12v system, so maybe somebody added it for some reason........i've never seen one with just one pin...... for a regulator you need to have power going in & out

does it affect any of your lights not being hooked up?

Brent Bublitz /

If it's similar to a QT50 regulator, you would wire the single terminal into the headlight (or whatnot) circuit and bolt it to the frame. Anything over 6v(12v?) will be shunted to ground automatically.

i am curious as to how this gets resolved.

since it came out of a parts box, is it even the correct regulator?

the easy answer is, buy a new one with 3 pins, and plug them in.

does the wiring harness have 3 plugs?

someone here knows what this is

My guess would be a ground resistor. I know Honda used similar on their scoots. They were placed on the pink wire coming from the reg/rec and then bolted to the frame ground point.

I've been using using one on my Sachs since I rewrapped the coil to 12v and installed a reg/rec from a '84 NB50.

Alright so definitely 90's because it was bolted to the frame.before it got boxed and there was a square spot with nice paint under it. Haven't played with it yet waiting on a pipe to test run .

Tomos wiring harness is gone. Engine is on a Batavus now. All wired up and working off a battery right now but this motor puts out like 17 V on the meter so it def needs the regulator. I have a couple of other after market regulators but if this one works, id like to use it. That way I can run the recommended bulbs (Tomos). I guess I'll just have to wing it once I get it outside and running.

hello friends

co worker hacked

Callum Stewart /

Hi. Sorry to jump in on this but how are you converting the original stator from 6v to 12v.

Do you have any advice and/or pictures?

Cheers!

> Callum Stewart Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hi. Sorry to jump in on this but how are you converting the original

> stator from 6v to 12v.

>

> Do you have any advice and/or pictures?

>

> Cheers!

https://www.google.com/search?q=converting%20the%20original%20stator%20from%206v%20to%2012v

I have the parts manual that shows that regulator, but not the wiring diagram. My guess is that you had a wire running from the yellow out of the stator and a wire running to the harness connected to a single spade terminal.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yeah, its just a shunt regulator. Most regulators don't care about in/out anyways. This one just grounds through the mounting hole instead of having a separate wire ground.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account