1981 honda C70 passport oil change

HI all. I just acquired my first 1981 C70 passport and was doing some general maintenance when something got me puzzled: I see oil when I remove the oil stick but I don't seem to be able to drain it when I remove the oil pan bolt!

After removing fully the bolt, only a cple drop came down. I looked inside with a flash light and can see a screw that brings down some sort of cylinder that holds a spring, when you unscrew it.

Being my first encounter with this type of moped, I thought I would seek your expert opinion about what to do.

thank you

Re: 1981 honda C70 passport oil change

It sounds as if you have removed the bolt for the cam chain tensioner. Look more underneath the motor for a bolt that goes straight up.

ah! Thx Mike. What is the proper setting for that tensioner the. Do i screw it all the way in or...?

I cannot say for sure. Seems like there is a locking nut which is loosened to allow you to turn a sort of set screw (probably a slotted screw head). I think you loosen the set screw to allow the internal spring to reset the tension against the cam chain. After that, snug down the set screw and tighten the lock nut. You may wish to do a google search of this procedure to be certain. Good luck.

Underbone MOTORCYCLE, numb nuts.

fallout Survivor /

Hey pal, if you cannot find an online user guide and service manual for the worlds longest run production MOTORCYCLE, turn in your internet card.

It is a underbone 4 stroke Motorcycle... fyi, not a flipping moped.

Here ya go , dumb ass.

(edited)

IMG_20141213_165340459.jpg

I know now why i missed it: someone covered it up with some "paste". I wonder if they couldn't stop a leak or if the whole area is damaged. See pictures

Re: Underbone MOTORCYCLE, numb nuts.

Well, someone needs to take some "be nice pills": 1 in the morning, 1 in the evening until symptoms disappear.

I saw that video, and that's the only i found searching the web. Note that it's for a C70 super cub....and not knowing the difference with a C70 passport i ask here for people who know.

When I'm not sure, i ask: what a concept. and as far as I'm concerned , 50cc = moped.

Thank you for your contribution nonetheless.

... But its a passport.... its 70cc and four-stroke lol

notamoped

I have one, small displacement reliable motorcycle

Dont be afraid to hold it wide open for miles.

I do and it spits oil and makes weird noises but hasnt failed me yet

damn it! So...iam a dumb ass then! ;-) I saw some C90 that were 50cc, so I imagined that a c70 would be a 50cc as well. Thx for the update. Now I'll go read about these mopeds...i meant bike!

Yvan, sorry you were treated so harshly here. Yes, there are probably other forums which could give you better info on your machine. But I don't think you deserve to be insulted and called names when all you did was ask for some help.

Learn to use google chump

fallout Survivor /

http://www.slideshare.net/raziljay/honda-cupc70passport8081servicemanual

http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html

google: "Honda c70 service manual"

"Honda c70 User guide"

For your frealing Motorcycle information.

Pathetic internet weakling.

Re: Learn to use google chump for your 4-stroke Motorcycle needs,

fallout Survivor /

Re: Learn to use google chump

John, while i have some good resources to link, you could make an effort on your choice of words! I had alrdy gotten the first manual you linked. Thx for the second.

had found that one too since my first post....

What's Google??

Stop being a hippy. Change you oil and fix your MOTOCYCLE. What is Google? You, Sir are a troll.

www.google.com ... search engine

fallout Survivor /

the trick is to search by 3 or 4 likely keywords at a time

"Honda c70 manual" "Honda 1981 service manual", for example.

The same for searching youtube which has a variety of instructional videos.

One of those links has an extensive list of links .

Kiddies, do your own homework, first.

This is hands-down the funniest thread on this website. Someone asking for genuine help and then being accosted by someone who is SO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE. I find it hilarious that this exchange even happen. Love y’all

> Sam Randolph Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> This is hands-down the funniest thread on this website. Someone asking

> for genuine help and then being accosted by someone who is SO MUCH

> BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE. I find it hilarious that this exchange even

> happen. Love y’all

>

> -2020

You haven't done much ready of this site have you . This pretty tame compared to some . ;)

I also own a Passport. Super dependable, comfortable ride. Love it.

Take it for a 10-15 minute ride before attempting to change the oil. The increase in temperature will lower the viscosity of the oil, making it easier to remove.

As it's the first time you've changed the oil, you might consider changing it a 2nd time in a week or so - this will allow whatever gunk might not have been getting reached before the 1st change a chance to get removed from the system. (You'll have plenty of oil leftover and the whole process takes 10 minutes.)

Pushrod Fifty /

I havent had mine out yet this year. I should put a new front tire on it, its 10 years old. I went one tooth larger on the front sprocket and get a steady 48mph. Yea they can take WOT for long stretches with no worries.

I just bought a 1983 passport for $1200 and it runs and looks great , all original and complete , everything works perfectly . It tops out at 43 mph , about 10-15 faster then I want to go ;Title also included . Have Fun you’ll love it

Pushrod Fifty /

Try the sprocket change it will ride alot smoother.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account