Re: Garelli Clutch not engaging

Peter Turenne /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

One of two things comes to mind either a full clutch rebuild but usually that's if it won't disengage or the piece on the inside of the clutch cover that pushes on the plate is broken off. But take it one step at a time I'd say check your clutch cable tension and see if it is pulling the clutch arm all the way in. When I installed a new carb on my bike after replacing all the cables I thought my carb tuning was to blame for not starting promptly. Turns out my tension on the clutch arm was loose enough to give the effect as if it was engaging sometimes able to start it but giving me a work out every time I started the bike. It's always important to trouble shoot in steps in order to save time money and headaches down the road for what may be a simple fix.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account