77 Honda express starter spring position

can someone tell me how this spring is supposed to go on the pin it sits on?? right now the spring is sitting on the gear/sprocket and this looks wrong.. how does it sit as to push the lever on the gear?

starter.jpg
IMG_5229.JPG

Re: 77 Honda express starter spring position

Screenshot_2016-03-27-17-25-30.png

yeah - i had seen that diagram but it does not make it clear how that spring sits... what do the two bent end sit in? sorry for me not figuring this out but sometimes those manuals just expect you to know all things..

can some one answer this?

doug gerbrandt /

Shawn, I know your post was some time ago, but wondering if you ever got the answer? I am faced with the same question, not knowing how exactly the arm spring is positioned. Thanks, Doug g

It can only go one way. One end of spring is L shaped and fits into hole. Other end is u shaped and wraps around back side of starter arm. Now if you're not paying attention you can get the starter arm on backwards. Observing wear marks will prevent mistakes.

20160413_143719.jpg
20160413_143740.jpg

(edited)

20160413_143821.jpg

Left side goes into hole. Right side wraps around back side of arm under tension so that arm is engaged into sprocket teeth.

20160413_143708.jpg

(edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account