I just got a 1980 Honda Express NC. All the lights work properly except for the brake light. The tail light is fine.
Here are my assumptions:
- The green wire goes to the tail light.
- The green/yellow wire goes to the brake light.
- The brown wire is the ground.
Here's what I've done so far:
- Checked the Green/Yellow wire for continuity from the headlight assembly back to the brake light. It's fine.
- Wedged the green/yellow wire into the same plug as the green wire. Both filaments in the bulb lit up.
I haven't yet tried cleaning the brake lever switches, but the bike appears to have been garage-kept so I'd be surprised if both brake lever switches could be bad. However, if there's a problem with one of the brake lever switches, will that prevent the brake light from working from the other lever? I've checked and reconnected both the green/yellow and black wires from the brake levers where they merge in the headlight assembly.
Soooo, other than trying to clean the brake lever switches, any ideas where the problem might be?