Re: Engine stalls when wheel hits the ground

Looks like you can install them with a couple pieces of wood and a big C clamp. Removing it should be fun though. maybe use a dremel and cut it out. I'm not a huge fan of having to buy copious amounts of unique tools every time something foreign and obscure comes my way.

Dusty rim. Fuggin best

If you dont have it already get yourself the illustrated parts catalogue for the Ranger 7 here...

http://projectmopedmanual.info/Manual_HTML/motobecane.html

Motobecane repair manual there is also sort of handy, but also ask on some posts because a lot of short cuts and best practices have been figured out since the days that manual was current.

Mounts change out about the same as the other Motobecanes, you can use various sockets and threaded rod and pull the old ones out and the new ones in easy enough

> jayson sumpter Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Dusty rim. Fuggin best

Naaah.... Rebel is . <3

I did stumble uppon this recently. After thoroughly reading it it looks like im missing that gasket oring inbetween the intake pipe and the carb! These parts diagrams are a tease cause they supply part numbers that are all discontinued lol

if anyone knows where to get that gasket it would be awesome. Im not sure if theres a difference in gaskets between models a b c, dont they all have different intake tube sizes? .

Mikey Antonakakis /

You might be able to use a regular o ring, Harbor Freight has a set that has come in handy plenty of times.

> Mikey Antonakakis Wrote:

> You might be able to use a regular o ring, Harbor Freight has a set that

> has come in handy plenty of times.

Is it an oring? Or is it a rubber flat washer

Just a oring will make a good seal at the union between the Gurtner carb and intake.

Bring the carb to the car parts place (or to the hardware store and go in the plumbing section where they have all of the stuff for fixing faucets) and play the match game with the orings on the rack

> Joe . Wrote:

> > Mikey Antonakakis Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > You might be able to use a regular o ring, Harbor Freight has a set

> that

>

> > has come in handy plenty of times.

>

> Is it an oring? Or is it a rubber flat washer

Your Dimoby has been shipped. Tracking has been sent to you via. PM.

i hope it gets you moving. !!

HaPpY WrEnChiNg..!!

MICHAEL MOKHTAR BESHARA MIKHAIL /

didi you find out what is the problem was ?

I have the same problem with a GY6 scooter : the pressure is good : when it touches the ground it shuts off .. the piston and rings are new , the cylinder gasket is manualy made in cars gaskets maker workshop it is made of klingrit 1.2mm thickness mixed with metal , because I could not find the original cylinder head gasket which has two rubber paint on it and not totaly metalic ... what happens is that : it works for one month very good , but the valves cover vent is pushing oil out to the tube which is going to the air filter ... then after one month it started to get black smoke and shuts off when the rear wheel touches the ground or press brake lever.. no problem with the pressure and it works at idle on stand

1-when i go to adjust timing chain big hole and two small holes on the sides : ( I noted that the drive chain is a little streetched so one of the side holes is advanced with 2mm of the other hole , there is no way to adjust better than it : so I had to accept this result .

who can help ??? everything is new and professionaly installed as I am a mechanic but this problem is new for me ..

In USA a scooter is not same as a moped, you have a scooter because it does not have pedals to start.

It can not be professionally overhauled if the timing chain is stretched and the mechanic still reinstalled it. Smoking and anemic performance makes me think that 4 stroke engine needs new piston rings, correct valve timing would also be a good idea.

MICHAEL MOKHTAR BESHARA MIKHAIL /

but when I disassemble the big bore again : I check the rings : but not worn out it is still new , also as i said the compression test gives me 160 PSI while I need only 95 as minimum to make the engine runs easily : rethink again and tell me ? the timing chain is okay and it worked for one month perfectly : how can you explain it ?

also no one answered me why the valves cover vent pushes oil out (it should be air only as it was always . tell me your opinion do not give up : as I said everything was installed professionally ???

YOUR VEHICLE IS INDEED A SCOOTER - THIS IS A NORTH AMERICAN BASESMOPED GROUP. IN NORTH AMERICA MOPEDS ARE ONLY THE TWO STROKE PEDAL START VINTAGE TYPE CYCLES. You need to find a scooter group that knows more about the GY6 4 stroke to get some goodly suggestions.

ALSO if the vent is pumping oil your piston rings are not sealing... that is basic 4 stroke diagnosis and not GY6 specific.

> MICHAEL MOKHTAR BESHARA MIKHAIL Wrote:

> but when I disassemble the big bore again : I check the rings : but not

> worn out it is still new , also as i said the compression test gives me

> 160 PSI while I need only 95 as minimum to make the engine runs easily

> : rethink again and tell me ? the timing chain is okay and it worked

> for one month perfectly : how can you explain it ?

>

> also no one answered me why the valves cover vent pushes oil out (it

> should be air only as it was always . tell me your opinion do not give

> up : as I said everything was installed professionally ???

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account