1982 Honda urban express battery cobnection

Matthew Kral /

Ok bought a battery for my bike but the connection is different. Does anyone know what the connectors are called or my options.* Moved to this forum by jenirae

15169244471781508603222.jpg

20180125_151932.jpg

Re: 1982 Honda urban express battery cobnection

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

You can get the right battery or you can cut the plug off and wire it yourself. The Blk/Red must be jumped for the bike to fire.

Captain Janeway /

Saw that dummy posting on eBay. Not even close to right setup. Like Ryan said, send back or you need to rewire. Make sure you get right battery. NU50 and NU50M use different batteries. Hook-ups are different but both 12 V.

The connectors on the battery you have pictured are called bullet connectors.

> Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/list.php?6

Not real helpful.

Matthew Kral /

Thanks what are the original connector types called? I was wanting to leave the stock connection on the bike.

You'll have to search by all kinds of generic titles to maybe find a plug that will work. You'll spend more time and money than just buying the right battery.

Your connector pic is kinda fuzzy , but , it looks like a couple of narrow blade connectors , in place of the battery bullet connectors , would do the job .

cut off your old connector and reuse, or bullet connectors, or strip and wire nut or twist n tape.

The connectors for your battery are called 2.8mm 4way connector terminals.. I purchased some from ebay and Amazon.

Jack Rutherford /

connector.png

« Go to Topic — end of thread