Carb Cleaning

Jeff Hiatt` /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

My 1980 Puch Maxi would start, idle and rev up quite well when on the center stand, but would quickly Lois power and bog down if I was sitting on it and going for a ride.

I removed and cleaned the exhaust and baffle which was definitely in need of this, but made no difference in the performance. So I removed the carb, disassembled and cleaned it. Though everything seemed fine I found the jet in the bowl to be plugged abit. After opening up the jet, reassembling and reinstalling the carb the bike ran perfectly. I was able cruise up and down the street with good acceleration and no power loss.

I am posting this in hopes that it might help others with similar issues on their bikes and I can’t stress enough how surprisingly simple and straight forward it is to clean a Bing carb.

Jeff

0C23BE11-A8A0-48FF-8A06-5AFF53138E6E.jpeg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account