Carb Cleaning

My 1980 Puch Maxi would start, idle and rev up quite well when on the center stand, but would quickly Lois power and bog down if I was sitting on it and going for a ride.

I removed and cleaned the exhaust and baffle which was definitely in need of this, but made no difference in the performance. So I removed the carb, disassembled and cleaned it. Though everything seemed fine I found the jet in the bowl to be plugged abit. After opening up the jet, reassembling and reinstalling the carb the bike ran perfectly. I was able cruise up and down the street with good acceleration and no power loss.

I am posting this in hopes that it might help others with similar issues on their bikes and I can’t stress enough how surprisingly simple and straight forward it is to clean a Bing carb.

Jeff

0C23BE11-A8A0-48FF-8A06-5AFF53138E6E.jpeg

Re: Carb Cleaning

Great looking bike! Add an in-line filter to help prevent having to do that again. Enjoy!

Ouuu love the TRD Sport

Excellent

what? i dont get it is this newbie cheerleading? wait, i do get it, its moped appreciation, ok good job, x2 on filter and dont forget the oil.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Sweet bike...keep.it that way! :)

Thanks Jeff,we"ve got the same truck. TU.

1619641678480232845190311880000.jpg

roots to wings /

You can turn that into a 30 mph 2hp bike and keep it stock with minor modifications that would cost you less than $60. 14mm bing, hi flow air filter, 16t front sprocket and detested red exhaust. If it bogs under load again I’d be thinking condenser

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account