No spark. Electrical help wanted.. tomos frankenstein

International OG /

So I'm putting my moped back together which ran great before.

The headlight lights up then fades when I go to kick start the bike. I'm not getting a spark, plug is a few months old..

Image 1: I soldered the black wire there to the ignition box thinking those were meant to be...

Image 2: I'm wondering if the white wire (green drawing) was suppose to be soldered instead? Is so, where does the currently soldered black wire go? Also, to the right is a black wire which appears to be a ground. I don't recall where that was grounded at..

Image 3: What is this little box and do the connectors need to be in a certain order?

I really appreciate the help. Thanks.

IMG_2418.jpg
IMG_2420.jpg
IMG_2413.JPG

Re: No spark. Electrical help wanted.. tomos frankenstein

Wow shit. That's a mess.

Anyway, tomos is easy. Except yours has some severely wacky shit going on

Ok first, headlight means nothing, the regulator and lighting wires (last pic) mean nothing. Lights are an entirely separate system.

Tomos is simple, should be one yellow and one black wire out of the motor. Only. Yellow goes to the regulator and then to lights, Ignore that all for now. Black goes to a little split, one wire goes to the front, to the kill switch on the bars. Easiest to disconnect that for now also. Then black goes to the cdi/coil combo, that also has a ground, and the plug wire.

You got some funky stuff, dunno why there are so many wires on that coil. If it worked once before tho, I suppose it could work. Youre on your own though, you'll probably wanna get some gator clips and just try different wire combos and keep testing. I'd suspect the black wire from engine might be black or red, and other is ground. Looks like right now you've got your power wire tied into that soldered wire? Shit I dunno- that's wacky. Maybe just try color coded matching wires

Being as you don't know which wire is which , I'd start by removing the stator cover and finding out which wires come from where .

I'm thinking that the black wire from the stator should be connected to the black wire you have soldered to the short wire on the box .

That short box wire should go directly to good ground .

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Wow shit. That's a mess.

>

> Anyway, tomos is easy. Except yours has some severely wacky shit going

> on.....

International OG /

Lol! Thanks for the help. I got her to fire up. Cleaned the carb, idles nicely. Kill switch not working, and bike not shifting to second gear. It'll go from start almost to second but bogs and loses power just before. Two wires left that aren't connected to anything.... I guess I'll sodder them up and see what happens...

I think you have the A55 with the external trigger which is why the ignition coil has the extra wires.

Look at the 2002-2007 revival or 2005-2007 streetmate diagrams.

http://www.myronsmopeds.com/2008/04/tomos-wiring-diagrams/

You really need to go through and replace some of those wires and terminals, and shrink wrap them.

International OG /

The 02-07 revival diagram seems to match what I've got. I'm making progress getting things to run again. Have spark. Kill switch didn't work but is now working again. Only issue is headlight and brake light.

How would I go about scrapping the whole wiring there and coming off the magneto? Is this possible? I know nothing...

Thanks.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account